Guide: 2nd Generation CX-9: Running cable for rear dashcam

:
2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 twin turbodiesel auto - Sonic Silver
I*ve found this in the file for the US CX5. They are concealed Clips that you pry down with a screwdriver.

B533666-D-69-E6-435-F-AC69-5460-B472-CDEE.png

:
Curiously the European model has the two part clips. It seems hard to believe there are two versions but I*ve had my headliner down for the same reason and the definitely are........

AA57344-C-AB49-4-D63-B5-E0-F6-A50-B5-B2-E62.png

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I*ll consider myself told off!

Hats off that you*ve taken it onboard. I*d hate anybody to get hurt - experiencing an accident bad enough to deploy the airbags would be bad enough without any unexpected add ons.

My safety comes before my ego :) Thanks again for bringing this to my attention. In my eagerness to install the rear dashcam, I completely overlooked how running the cable the way I was would interfere with the side curtain airbags. I think that I'll remove the sections that detail the incorrect cable routing to prevent any others from making the same mistake.

Also, for those who have subscribed to this thread (through active posting or otherwise), I'd urge you to carefully remove the wiring if you routed it that same way I had, and instead rout the cable down the A-pillar (instead of across it) and through the channels below the door sill plates. I removed the rear cable as soon as I got home that day, but didn't have time to update this thread as I went on a short weekend road trip with the family.

I*ve found this in the file for the US CX5. They are concealed Clips that you pry down with a screwdriver.

B533666-D-69-E6-435-F-AC69-5460-B472-CDEE.png

Ah, thanks for that image, that helps a ton. Have you dropped the headliner in your CX-5 before? I wonder if I can get enough room to fish the wire through, just by removing the clips and supporting the headliner..

:
Sorry for the late reply. I have but mine has the two part clips. I didn*t come from the front because I have two independent cameras so I came from the rear trunk power supply, around the door frame and then into the umbilical like you did. I would add that for euro models of either the 5 or 9, that if it has a digital (DAB) radio, use a screened cable and go through the left side umbilical as in your tutorial as the antenna goes through the right and it will otherwise stop it working.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Original posts updated with cable run down the A-pillar instead of across it. Thanks again Anchorman.