• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Guide: 2nd Generation CX-9: Reverse light bulb replacement/upgrade

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Thanks for the response. Do you know if the license plate lights are LED?
Same story - On the 16-18, the license plate bulbs are halogen, but on the 19-20 I think they may be LED.

:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
Thanks for the write up I'm going to be doing this today, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm terrible at these types of things but I was able to replace every light in my 2017 CX5 with LEDs including the license plate bulbs so I should be able to figure it out

stixman6

2020 CX-9 GT AWD
Same story - On the 16-18, the license plate bulbs are halogen, but on the 19-20 I think they may be LED.
The 2020 has LED's for the license plate bulbs and the interior rear cargo bay. Still halogen bulbs for the reverse lights and the rear turn signals ... kind of ridiculous since everything else in the rear is LED.

:
Rhode Island
:
'20 CX-9 Sig
Thanks for the guide, I will be replacing my reverse lights shortly. Next step will be the rear turn signals.

:
YVR
:
'10 3 +'19 CX9
My '19 - CX-9 has the halogen reverse lights...and in our dark parking garage...they have got to go. @sm1ke two years in for yours and still going strong after those prairie winters & summers? Your original LED suggestion still seem to command solid reviews.

Will be ordering tomorrow! Thanks sm1ke!

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
My '19 - CX-9 has the halogen reverse lights...and in our dark parking garage...they have got to go. @sm1ke two years in for yours and still going strong after those prairie winters & summers? Your original LED suggestion still seem to command solid reviews.

Will be ordering tomorrow! Thanks sm1ke!
Yessir, two years in for the reverse lights and the LED rear turn signal bulbs, zero issues whatsoever.

The license plate bulbs from Amazon lasted almost a year before they started flickering, but they were replaced under warranty (1 year) and have been fine since.

:
YVR
:
'10 3 +'19 CX9
Great lil' mod for our 2019 CX-9. Undertook this today thanks to @sm1ke - Ordered the same LEDs from Amazon🇨🇦 via his links.

We have a dark parkade and back into our parking spot, having these LEDs over the stock halogens makes a difference with the rather lousy camera resolution.

They also just look sharp! Thanks again 🙏

IMG_3083.jpg IMG_3084.jpg IMG_3068.jpg IMG_2934.jpg

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 5.6%