265/50R20's on Gen 2

Anyone try this size yet on a 2016+ CX-9?
I saw one review on Conti's website where someone used this size on theirs with good results (Cross Contact AT).
OD is about 0.4-0.5" larger, so not a huge difference, but I really want the width as the OE tires look a bit narrow to me, especially on the 8.5" wheels.
Only thing that worries me is the extra weight, probably in the +3-5 lbs range.
I dont think there will be a clearance issue, and based on the above mentioned reviewer, they fit.
Just looking for some more feedback, pictures, etc.
Please share if you have experience!

Continentals are very good tires (Cross Contact) and I've used them on my Pilot. Then I switched to Sumitomo HTR A/S PO2 which was even better. They were on sale at Tire Rack for $101 a piece.

I have that size and I just put on pirelli scorpion verde as plus II and they are awesome. Had the Bridgestone alenza plus which is another great tire but was much heavier. These pirellis have a rim edge guard. No issues at all in the rain yesterday as the tropical storm came through. Tire rack highly recommended these and was thinking of the Michelin Premier LTX but they recommended these tires over them as longevity is better and said they should be even quieter.

Michelin LTX will last you forever but the price also reflects that. Based on my experience here in Florida Pirelli's perform very well but do not last as long since they use a softer compound that doesn't bode well in high heat.

Michelin LTX will last you forever but the price also reflects that. Based on my experience here in Florida Pirelli's perform very well but do not last as long since they use a softer compound that doesn't bode well in high heat.
Just want to say don't get too caught up about how many miles/how long(time) tires will last. Rule of thumb is to get a new set every 4yrs (from production date) because rubber will dry out and crack. So if you drive 8k/yr then you probably can't take the full advantage of 60k Michelin LTX.

The Michelin Premier LTX people are only getting around 22-25k out of. Read the reviews. Michelin did change some things and made it deeper tread at 10/32 vs 8.5/32 and they have a DT (Different Tread) on them. The pirellis you will get better life out of as they are rated as a 740 wear rating. This is on the new pirellis. The older ones were a softer compound. I had the Michelin LTX on my Murano and they were great tires. I was gonna get them for the Mazda but decided on the pirelli and have no complaints. Go on tire rack and read the reviews from customers.

So BrettLevy85, no ill affects of the larger 265 size? No fitment issues, acceleration and fuel economy minimally affected? Can you post a pic or two, to see overall stance, and then up close to see width on the OE wheel?
Thanks

So BrettLevy85, no ill affects of the larger 265 size? No fitment issues, acceleration and fuel economy minimally affected? Can you post a pic or two, to see overall stance, and then up close to see width on the OE wheel?
Thanks
Will do. No issues whatsoever with the size. Fuel economy haven’t noticed anything change. Acceleration nothing I can notice. I’ll take pictures tomorrow evening as my wife will have the car tomorrow and I’ll be driving my work car.

Will do. No issues whatsoever with the size. Fuel economy haven’t noticed anything change. Acceleration nothing I can notice. I’ll take pictures tomorrow evening as my wife will have the car tomorrow and I’ll be driving my work car.
Appreciate any pics here as well. We'll be working on the CX-9 next after we finished installing the brake kit and fuel off-road rims plus bumper on the Silverado project. The owner wants to have 265 50R20 tires as well.

Here are some on my CX9. Don’t mind the messy wheels. Car needs a good detail.
B98466CA-4BD2-40C5-A557-8A2A6706479C.jpeg
B4B744DA-660B-4A44-8ECA-AE42BA8D4AE4.jpeg
18D4C785-68D3-4948-B80F-049FB6D935B5.jpeg
4E670EE0-17E6-41F9-A363-89BA2FC90634.jpeg

Just did a week long vacation and drove over 1300 miles. These tires are very quiet and handle well. They are very stable and when driving windy roads by Shenandoah National Park it was fun. Didn’t expect it to handle this well. Very stable at speed as well. Not twitchy like some tires can be with a more aggressive turn in. Highly recommend.

Back