245/45-16 Hankooks, FD rims, Pro5

Any chance I could run Kumho SPT 225/45R16 23.9" dia., 8.9" sec. width on my wedsSports TC005 16x7 w/42mm offset?

you may be able to help. I want to do a 225/50/15 on a 15x7 but should I get a +40 or a +45 offset? this will be for my sedan and I don't want to mess with spacers. I'm lowered 1.5" with springs that are a little stiffer then the Eibach prokit. I have tokico Illuminas as well. thanks for the input. I'm buying wheels in the next two day. what to do what to do?!?!

If you can try to find a set with at least a +48 otherwise your looking at it rubbing pretty bad. even then you probably still will because of the softer suspension setup if you dont roll your fenders.

With the +45 it'll most likely be the fender. What springs are you running and what tires are you going with?

skunk2 springs. not the coil overs and not supper stiff like coilovers but I reshearched the spring rates and they where a little bit stiffer then the eibach pro kit. its about 1.5 inch drop + or - .01" tires WILL be hankoock ventus R-S2's with either a 225/50/15 (23.9" tall) or a 225/45/15 (23" tall) 8" width

Even though my Pro5 has been gone for a few years now it is good to see other Mazda enthusiasts who aren't afraid to keep on pushing the limits. I miss my old car, but with everything I did to document all the work I can always come back here and relive the fun. The bronze wheels look awesome. My favorite color for the red Pros. I'll be posting regularly again real soon once my 1st Gen Protege autox car is functional again. If anyone has any specifics on stuff I've done just send me a PM. I'll try and pass on anything I can remember.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I counldn't find what wheel size you are running your 275 series tire?

You mean on my 1st Gen Protege? 15X10.

Yep. Thanks. Just gathering some info for my build. I'm making fenders for the MSP and was curious to see what others are running wheel wise with wider than normal tires on our cars. I'm buying 245/40/17x9 for this years autoX season and want to run a 275 series tire, but I might end up hitting the frame rail. That is why I'm going with the 245's first.

How close to the frame rail are you on your 15x10's even though I'm sure the wheel well measurments are a little different from the MSP?

How close to the frame rail are you on your 15x10's even though I'm sure the wheel well measurments are a little different from the MSP?

The measurements are actually pretty close. I bought a 5 lug 15x10 when I was going to use the Pro5, but it got totaled. I used the same wheel as a mock up on the 1st Gen. With the 275/35x15 Hoosiers I can hit the frame rail turning both ways, but just barely. It's enough to leave a black streak, but it doesn't hurt the tire. You really only use full lock moving around grid/paddock so it's not a big deal. You might have more clearance issues with a 17" wheel, but I still think you'll only notice it at slow speeds around paddock.

I've also got my backspacing maximized so the wheels are tucked as far inward as possible. You can be conservative on the offset if you are worried about clearance...just have to be a little wider in track.

I was going to run Enkei RPF1's +22 so I clear the inner wall with the close to the same measurments as stock specs and just modifing the exterior. I was kinda forgetting that the only time I'm ever at full lock is in the paddocks or going slow. I'll start with the 245's on 9" wheels and mock up a 275 tire and go from there. Are the 275's way more grippy than the other 245's you was running? Again, thanks for the help.

Back