22" wheels on Mazda6, yay or nay?

20201212_130553.jpg
20201212_130600.jpg
20201212_130905.jpg

I have a set of 22" alloy wheels, which will fit my Mazda 6 but it looks too big for it. I'm leaning towards 20" CSV style as I've seen a few set ups on youtube and they look great. What you think folks, yay or nay?

IMO they look like great wheels, but you'd probably need really low-profile tires, and depending on width, you might end up rubbing the fender liners. Ride quality would also suffer quite a bit I think. If I had a 6, I'd probably go with 20s.

I do agree with you there buddy, the ride on the 6 is a bit on the sporty/firm side, so ride quality only can worsen with thinner tyres. I have another same set on my Chrysler, if the weather is good tomorrow, I'll try and get one mounted to see how it sits and upload some more photos.

Yeah man, go with dubs. Mine came with the OEM 19's. Eventually I will get some aftermarket wheels, probably some SSR's, or Racing Hart. In 20".

Today the weather held out and had a bit of fun. Curious to see how 22s would look, so I took the old set of wheels off from my Chrysler got the 22"s installed. It does look big and think it should look good when its lowered. I'm sticking with 20s, will keep the dubs for the Chrysler ;)
20201230_131436.jpg

Thanks buddy, they're 8 pots at the front and 6 pots at the rear. Rotors are 390mm both front and rear.

I have the factory 19's, and the ride is rough at times. It's not limo smooth.
I have snow tires on 18's, and they are much smoother.
I can't imagine what 22's would be like. The rubber would have to be ultra low profile, so I imagine it would be like riding with concrete tires.
I'd go 20's, max.

Yeah they do look a little too big on the 6, but it could just be the wheel style.

Back