2021 Vs. 2019-2020 CX-9

Morning folks. So dealer #2 approved $39,000 if I finance with their in local credit union. Said I can pay it off whenever I choose no problems there. This beats my best pricing from dealer #1 which was $39,295.

Also I was on the dealers website and saw the a new President's day event that includes 2 years worth of free maintenances (oil changes) with all new vehicle sales, hopefully I qualify for this as it was under the Mazda 0% special banner so not sure if it applies to using your own financing. I plan to call that credit union and pay the balance in full immediately. May be picking up the cx9 today! 😁

Morning folks. So dealer #2 approved $39,000 if I finance with their in local credit union. Said I can pay it off whenever I choose no problems there. This beats my best pricing from dealer #1 which was $39,295.

Also I was on the dealers website and saw the a new President's day event that includes 2 years worth of free maintenances (oil changes) with all new vehicle sales, hopefully I qualify for this as it was under the Mazda 0% special banner so not sure if it applies to using your own financing. I plan to call that credit union and pay the balance in full immediately. May be picking up the cx9 today! 😁

That is great. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Alright, worked out the details and tomorrow have an appointment at 10am. I've only test driven the FWD CX9 so excited to test drive the AWD. Confirmed it only has 4 miles, they just got it in and the video the sales lady sent me showed the exterior protective film still on hood/roof. So I won't arrive there and it has 200 miles on it lol.

The 2 year free maintenance is only at their dealership but that's ok, about a 30 minute drive from home. I'm attaching their complimentary 10 year/100k limited powertrain warranty pamphlet she sent me that they give on new vehicle sales. Seems decent but like mentioned, probably won't hold up if I ever need it.

Thanks for everyone's help, will hopefully post some pics tomorrow!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-162809_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-162809_Samsung Internet.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 160
Got my CX9 guys! I'll post pics tomorrow its night time now. But I do need some advice! Sorry kind if long post....

So when I'm waiting for detail of vehicle to take delivery its taking forever right. I'm use to car wash and tire dressing from my old cars lol. I finally see sales lady and she passes me to go into managers office. Takes awhile in there then she comes out to say detail is backed up and they can't get to it, take my trade in home and come back tomorrow will be good.

I say I'll just take the CX9 and come back. Apparently they do a FULL detail including basic wax job and interior and it takes a while.

I drive 2 minutes had stop gas station, grab a snack then check out car. I find 2 scratches that I am 99.999% sure weren't there when I first got there. I take photos and send to sales lady she says they will check it out once I come back for full detail. I'm attaching pics.

After I get home I send her screenshot of scratch plus the video she sent me where she shows car off and no scratches are present. She never replies.

I'm 38 with 3 kids ages 3-7 and super busy and have other things to worry about but kind of feel the truth would be great here. I'm not mad about if they did it on accident but just tell me, right? It is bothering me tho being a brand new 4 milage car when I bought it.

All in all tho she was a great sales lady but now seems to maybe of ghosted me. But at least I did document scratches with her so they know of it.

My old 20s year old self before marriage/kids would probably been pretty upset. But now my mindset is let me just enjoy the CX9, cause for sure the kids will be putting some good scratches on it eventually. Lol

Any words of wisdom? Should I be pissed off? Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-171711_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-171711_Samsung Internet.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20210208-172703_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-172703_Gallery.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210208_160306.jpg
    20210208_160306.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20210208_160355.jpg
    20210208_160355.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 188
I am thinking when they put on temp plates the porter or sales lady must have scratched it on accident with the flat head screwdriver. Mistakes happen, but I'd like honesty.

And part of issue is me not catching it when she drove back from the detail center. I should have done another walk over. But by then contracts are all signed.

This dealership has really good reviews so I am hoping they attempt a fix at least. In photos you can see scratches are down to black bumper plastic so not sure how good it can be done. I think after a few weeks it won't bother me much. Luckily this is my wife's new vehicle.

Funny thing is my 2019 Tahoe just got it's first ding and I am about to call my dent guy to knock it out. LOL

I am thinking when they put on temp plates the porter or sales lady must have scratched it on accident with the flat head screwdriver. Mistakes happen, but I'd like honesty.

And part of issue is me not catching it when she drove back from the detail center. I should have done another walk over. But by then contracts are all signed.

This dealership has really good reviews so I am hoping they attempt a fix at least. In photos you can see scratches are down to black bumper plastic so not sure how good it can be done. I think after a few weeks it won't bother me much. Luckily this is my wife's new vehicle.

Funny thing is my 2019 Tahoe just got it's first ding and I am about to call my dent guy to knock it out. LOL
These are minor...I’m sure dealership will stand by the car they sold esp when you took pictures right away. They’ll likely just buff out these minor scratches. They do happen...when I picked up my CX-9 4 yrs ago I immediately pointed out a dent at the lower driver’s door so they told me to bring it back at my convenience which I did and actually their sales rep drove to my wife’s work to pick up the car, got the dent fixed via PDR then dropped it off (talk about Cust svc right?!). The ideal way though would be to pick up the car the next day in the daytime to do the walk through and point out any issues that are more visible and to get dealer to fix them first before taking final delivery of the car. By doing this they would be more inclined to fix issues right away so they can deliver car and get paid - of course doesn’t happen all the time. Anyway, don’t dwell too much on the minor issues as they’ll likely fix them - instead enjoy the new car experience. Congrats on your purchase!

I don't know.. me personally, I'd be trying to get them to fix the scratches they put on the car. It sounds like you have some pretty damning evidence with the video she sent and the photos you took. They are very small scratches, but they look deep, and they're in pretty obvious places. At the bare minimum they should be providing a touch up paint pen for free.

Anyway, see how everything turns out after the detailer has had a crack at it, and if you're still unhappy with the scratches, raise the issue with the dealership manager to see if you can get some resolution there. It's quite possible that a touch up with the paint pen and some good detailing work would make the scratches look almost invisible.

Thanks guys. My wife got home late from work last night and we talked it over. First tho, she LOVES the CX9. This was a valentine's day surprise she had no idea I was getting rid of our 2018 Odyssey tho she did want it gone and into an SUV. So on that front she loves it!

So we spoke and first thing she says is are they going to try to fix it? I said yes and she says well don't worry about it then! Don't stress yourself over it, accidents happen it is what it is. She said you know when we go down to LA disneyland/leggo land this summer with kids it's bound to have some scratches or chips, look at our van after 4 years/40k miles.

I said that's very true, when I detailed the van to get it nice and clean for trade in the front bumper had all kinds of scratches and rock chips, scratches from none other then my wife LOL

My only other point to her was well at least they can be honest about it if they accidentally starched it right? I showed the proof to sales lady of video no scratches then when I take delivery scratches. Not a huge deal but would have liked Sales lady to be honest. Wife said to me, when have you ever heard of an honest cars salesmen lol.

So all in all, I'm over it. Will let them try and fix and like sm1ke said maybe with some touch up paint and a good detail it will be mostly hidden. But geez I am hesitate to let detail even do the full detail/wax on it, with my luck it will get even more damaged lol.

I was told they own the whole auto dealership row and have a full bodyshop/detail center just down the road from Mazda Dealer. So I hoping they do a good job but this did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Like @tekbis said, consider this a minor hiccup in the grand scheme of things. The most important thing is that your wife is happy with it!

Like @tekbis said, consider this a minor hiccup in the grand scheme of things. The most important thing is that your wife is happy with it!

You got that right brother! She was beaming with a huge smile on her face for sure. When we got the van in 2017, the novelty wore off REAL quick for her but we had a newborn and a 3/5 year olds not quite in booster seats so the van served a great purpose no doubt.

Now I am contemplating on letting her just use my Tahoe and this will be my ride LOL. She flat out said for me to go pound sand, NOT going to happen.

A few bonuses I got with my purchase from this specific dealer (besides the 2 scratches LOL)

1. 10/100k complimentary powertrain warranty tho one could argue how useful it will be IF the cx9 has any big issues.

2. Free unlimited lifetime car washes in there drivethru carwash. I need to see if it's touchless tho as I prefer that as being a former detailer at a dealership back in my young days, those regular car washes with the big brushes leave all kinds of small swirls. We plan more snow trips now that kids are older and the dealer is actually on the way home from the snow so could actually make a detour and run thru the wash on the way home lol.

3. 2 year free maintenance, guess it's a President's day event. But I didn't get any paperwork on this...need to ask saleslady about that.

Now that I think about it, my 3 year old did leave a pretty good scratch on my 2019 Tahoe when it was 1 month old with her tiny bike. Oh man I was mad because it took me awhile to find that truck with the color/features I wanted. Luckily I was able to buff it out. 🤪

Got an update...sales lady asked if I want touch up paint to fix myself or have dealer fix it. I said when I come in for my full detail please have them fix scratches.

Kind of worried if they will respray the whole front bumper tho...I'm assuming maybe apply touch up paint then sand it down a bit and polish it up. I'll ask once I arrive. I may even go watch them at their bodyshop/detailing facility, why not? Lol

Also dealer customer relations emailed me to ask how was my experience/etc. I told her about the situation and left it at that, haven't heard back yet.

Also messing around with the suv, checking features etc....found OEM wheel lock container inside glove box. Went to check rims and sure enough they are on. Guess I got a freebie thrown in as I wasn't charged...unless mazda gives them out to all vehicles hmmm.

Got an update...sales lady asked if I want touch up paint to fix myself or have dealer fix it. I said when I come in for my full detail please have them fix scratches.

Kind of worried if they will respray the whole front bumper tho...I'm assuming maybe apply touch up paint then sand it down a bit and polish it up. I'll ask once I arrive. I may even go watch them at their bodyshop/detailing facility, why not? Lol

Also dealer customer relations emailed me to ask how was my experience/etc. I told her about the situation and left it at that, haven't heard back yet.

You will get a dealer survey in about a week after you buy the car. This means a lot to the dealer so they should go the extra mile for you before you do that. Do not fill that out before you get it fixed and let them know you are waiting to do the survey so they should fix it quickly.

Morning folks. Got a reply and they will fix the scratches when they perform the full detail. One thing stuck out in her email:

"As for the re-detail it should take the whole day but if we do the repairs for the scratches it might take up to 1-2 days or so.
We can provide a loaner for you as well."

1-2 days leads me to believe the bumper and front hood plastic piece may be resprayed. If so I am a little hesitant due to color matching. What do you guys think?

Morning folks. Got a reply and they will fix the scratches when they perform the full detail. One thing stuck out in her email:

"As for the re-detail it should take the whole day but if we do the repairs for the scratches it might take up to 1-2 days or so.

1-2 days leads me to believe the bumper and front hood plastic piece may be resprayed. If so I am a little hesitant due to color matching. What do you guys think?

If done right, you won't be able to tell the difference.
But, I'd say don't take the car back until you are satisfied.
Make sure to inspect in different light (especially sun) and at different angles.

My opinion - I'd be happy that they are fixing it properly and not just touching it up. A body shop will usually keep the vehicle for an extra day or two to allow the freshly repainted areas to cure a bit. Silver is generally an easier colour to match since it isn't a complex colour like the upcharged colours. I would suggest that if you let them do the repair, pick it up on a sunny day so you can see the colour match for yourself. Check the colour match in the sun, then drive it to a shaded area and check the colour match again.

Another suggestion - if you get a loaner, and you don't absolutely need a 3-row for those few days, ask for an AWD turbo 3 or an AWD turbo CX-5. That's just what I would do, so that I could sample more from Mazda's offerings :)

Sm1ke I think you were spot on earlier, they will do some sort of touch up paint then buff it out to make it flush with other paint, then do a full wax job. Just got this reply:

"Hi there,
It looks like the detail department will buff out the scratches for you.
I just had it approved to be buffed out and touched up."

Since these are minor scratches I'll be happy they are fixed. I did tell her simply buffing scratches won't work as they go down to black plastic, will need some sort of minor paint there first.

Monday 22nd is the date, will finally be able to post pics here lol.

I take my last reply back. She just replied again to say body shop will take a peak at it first then full detail will happen. Loaner will be given to me.

Either way it will be fixed. What I plan to do is go to the bodyshop and talk to whomever and ask what he thinks and how best it should be prepared.

Back