2021 CX-9 Rumors

Hmm, I think we just got a preview of the planned mid-cycle exterior refresh based on the picture of the 100th anniversary CX-9 (new grille and wheel style). Unfortunately it looks like the keyless entry system remains the same.

100th.JPG

Hmm, I think we just got a preview of the planned mid-cycle exterior refresh based on the picture of the 100th anniversary CX-9 (new grille and wheel style). Unfortunately it looks like the keyless entry system remains the same.

View attachment 225561
The wheels are nice & clean, but for me the grille is a bit clumsy with respect for the overall lines of the vehicle. No pics of the interior? is it the same color leather but with added embossing & gingerbread?

The wheels are nice & clean, but for me the grille is a bit clumsy with respect for the overall lines of the vehicle. No pics of the interior? is it the same color leather but with added embossing & gingerbread?

I have a baby - so anything fancy on the inside is going to be destroyed.

The grill does nothing for me. Neither do the wheels. Oh well.

Cx-9 special edition confirmed from Mazda Canada

There's a picture of the CX-9 interior in the link that youri provided. It's red with parchment accents I believe.

And I agree about the grille. They could have just done the same grille as the new CX-5 and I would have been happy with that. I probably would have looked into swapping grilles if they did.

You are all missing the fine prints saying “vehicle may not be as shown” on the photo. :) We will have to wait and see, but i agree with the CX-5 grill, that one is really cool to me too

Do people with current generation CX9's and CX5's have problems with the front grille or rear tailgate getting damaged in parking lots? The side views in that video really highlight the fact that the bumpers don't protrude at all, really. This is a design trend that I'm not thrilled to see. The Tesla model Y is like this, as is the upcoming Mach-e. My car has a bunch of scuff marks on the front and rear I didn't put there. If it had the current model's bumper profiles I'd have a smashed grille surround and maybe a dented tailgate hatch.

Do people with current generation CX9's and CX5's have problems with the front grille or rear tailgate getting damaged in parking lots? The side views in that video really highlight the fact that the bumpers don't protrude at all, really. This is a design trend that I'm not thrilled to see. The Tesla model Y is like this, as is the upcoming Mach-e. My car has a bunch of scuff marks on the front and rear I didn't put there. If it had the current model's bumper profiles I'd have a smashed grille surround and maybe a dented tailgate hatch.

Mine's been perfectly fine so far. Couple of tiny nicks in the grille surround, but those are from errant rocks during highway driving.

Back