2021 CX-5 GTR, odd noise when shutting car off

I have a 3 week old 2021 CX-5 GTR and noticed a odd noise today when shutting off the car.

There is a kind of a 2 second squeak coming from the rear of the car (trunk area)after I park ad shut the car off. It seems to only happen after driving a bit because if I then turn the car on and then off the noise does not seem to occur again, unless I start driving a bit and then turn off the car. I recorded a video of the exact noise, does anyone know if this is normal or what might be causing it.

Attachments

• IMG_7520.MOV
    684.2 KB
Not sure what happened but it no longer does it. I reset the position of the rear lift gate. And ever since then it has stopped. I’ll keep monitoring it.

Not sure what happened but it no longer does it. I reset the position of the rear lift gate. And ever since then it has stopped. I’ll keep monitoring it.
You may just hit the nail on the head. Keep monitoring and thanks for the update.

Hey guys, I figured out the exact problem. It’s the door lock motor in the rear drivers side door. Sometimes it’s squeaking so I’ll have to take it to the dealership I think.

Almost like it needs some oil or something.

What was happening was when I drive the car it auto locks the doors then when I park and turn off the ignition the doors would unlock and the noise would occur.

I can also trigger the noise by having the car on and pressing the power lock/unlock button on the drivers side door.

It goes away sometimes but comes back intermittently.

Back