2021 CX-5 GTR No Heated Side Mirrors!?

BushWickz

2021 CX-5 Reserve
Hey y'all! N00b here with a first post. Coming from Infinity, then Hondas and then Mazda's world. I'm very impressed with the overall interior quality and to my opinion the simplicity implies a subtle sophistication with all bells and whistles. Being said that I just can't believe that despite the price tag on this vehicle, it doesn't have heated side mirrors when my 2019 CRV EX had it as standard.

Are you sure? The Mazda USA website says:
  • Body-colored heated power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators
I think they come on when the front defroster is turned on.
EDIT: Actually, they come on when the rear window defogger is turned on.

Last edited:
Are you sure? The Mazda USA website says:

I think they come on when the front defroster is turned on.
EDIT: Actually, they come on when the rear window defogger is turned on.

Yep.. I've checked with the rear window defogger button but didn't see any noticeable on the side mirrors during rain. Maybe the car is too new for them to warm up quick? Overall I'd like to hear any GTR owner on this topic as I'm fairly new to Mazdas.

Yep.. I've checked with the rear window defogger button but didn't see any noticeable on the side mirrors during rain. Maybe the car is too new for them to warm up quick? Overall I'd like to hear any GTR owner on this topic as I'm fairly new to Mazdas.
My GTR side mirrors heat fine with the rear defogger button. They are definitely not as quick as my previous 2 VW's but they do work. They deiced fine through 2 NE winters.

My GTR side mirrors heat fine with the rear defogger button. They are definitely not as quick as my previous 2 VW's but they do work. They deiced fine through 2 NE winters.

Good to hear..!! Maybe they're just to slow to heat up. I'll give it a second try. Thanks!

And OP has a 2021 CX-5 GT-R which is a higher trim than the GT. It has “dual heated side mirrors”.

The dual heated side mirrors on my 2016 CX-5 GT are not effective either. I’ve the same suspicion as OP that my CX-5 either doesn’t have the heated mirrors or they’re broken. The dealer checked and said they’re working. But each time when the mirrors are iced up, the ice can never be melted completely during the 40 minutes drive wife is going to work.

And OP has a 2021 CX-5 GT-R which is a higher trim than the GT. It has “dual heated side mirrors”.

The dual heated side mirrors on my 2016 CX-5 GT are not effective either. I’ve the same suspicion as OP that my CX-5 either doesn’t have the heated mirrors or they’re broken. The dealer checked and said they’re working. But each time when the mirrors are iced up, the ice can never be melted completely during the 40 minutes drive wife is going to work.
Wow I will keep an eye out when I get mines. In Bay Area in Cali we get fogged mirrors but hardly iced mirrors.

Attachments

• 74090D54-A687-4EBF-9ED4-2FA0B54F0183.jpeg
    74090D54-A687-4EBF-9ED4-2FA0B54F0183.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 168
Maybe take it in and get it checked out? Could be a connector wasn't attached correctly.

Last edited:
Back