2021 CX-5 10 inch screen not in Canada?

Hi,

We just purchased the 2021 Kuro edition CX-5 and noticed it still has the old infotainment software and screen? We watched YouTube segments highlighting the new 10" screen and updated info software for 2021.

Is this upgrade delayed for the Canadian CX-5? We bought the 2021 and the build date is January 2021.

Hi,

We just purchased the 2021 Kuro edition CX-5 and noticed it still has the old infotainment software and screen? We watched YouTube segments highlighting the new 10" screen and updated info software for 2021.

Is this upgrade delayed for the Canadian CX-5? We bought the 2021 and the build date is January 2021.
It's not present in the 2021 CX5s for Canada.
Mazda seems to have rolled out the new system in the USA but not in Canada for that particular vehicle.

That makes no sense. That means Mazda has to build two versions of the CX-5.
I don't see how that would be economical. Oh well, it is what it is.

Yeah, totally bizarre (are you reading this mazda??) We just bought a brand new 2021 the other day ...built January 2021... had the old screen.... then I had seen the new ones on YouTube... so I guess I was seeing the usa model.

Yeah, totally bizarre (are you reading this mazda??) We just bought a brand new 2021 the other day ...built January 2021... had the old screen.... then I had seen the new ones on YouTube... so I guess I was seeing the usa model.

Yep that's exactly what you were seeing. The builder on the mazda.ca website doesn't list the availability of the new infotainment display or software.

I don't remember what the reasoning for this was, but there is a reason the new screen didn't make it into Canadian models. You can probably contact Mazda Canada directly to inquire why the US market got the new screen and we didn't.

Another bizare thing is with Hyundai, they offer wireless Carplay/Android Auto for the 8" screen , but not on the higher trims with 10.25" screen systems.

Yep that's exactly what you were seeing. The builder on the mazda.ca website doesn't list the availability of the new infotainment display or software.

I don't remember what the reasoning for this was, but there is a reason the new screen didn't make it into Canadian models. You can probably contact Mazda Canada directly to inquire why the US market got the new screen and we didn't.
I would think the reason would be to get rid of the old stuff in stock.

Back