2020 Mazda CX-5 suspension problem

I just bought a new 2020 Mazda CX-5 touring. Previously had a 2017 Mazda CX-5 touring which we loved. The 2020 is riding really rough on the suspension. Very firm and wobbling. Is anyone else experiencing this problem

Both of my 2019 Reserves were also not properly set at delivery. Adjusted them & it made a big difference in ride.

My 2020 is smoother and quieter and seems to steer easier than my 2016 or my 2013 did.

Could be an improperly balanced tire.....perhaps a balancing weight fell off rim. Hopefully the selling dealer is close by and can take a look at it, warranty concern.

when I got mine it was still pumped up to the factory 45-50 psi.
I can't believe that this is still a common issue.
Part of the vehicle dealer prep process is to check and verify tire pressures.
This should be a no brainer for the guy doing the pre delivery prep.
If it's not done, it's due to lazy ass techs taking shortcuts.
If they're not checking tire pressures, I'm betting they're not checking fluid levels either.
Better to check it yourself.

If they're not checking tire pressures, I'm betting they're not checking fluid levels either.

That’s exactly what it is. They just want to get your butt out the door, so they mostly just run it through the wash and clean it up and don’t bother with most of the mechanical checks.

I just bought a 2020 CX5 1 day old) and was hearing squeaking and thump from right front of car brought it back to the dealer and they retorqued and tightened the bolts to the suspension and lowered the tire pressure to 36. I do not hear any noises but the ride is rough and feel all the bumps and car seems to be bouncing when going over the bumps. The car has 100 miles. My car is is parked in a garage overnight. What can be causing the rough ride and bouncing? I have had the car in my possession for two days not counting the time it was at the dealership. I called the dealership again and he said I need to break the car in and drive it around. This seems like BS to me. Why would driving a car longer take care of the bounce and rough ride. Mazda CX5 should have a smooth ride. Is there anything else that should be looked at? Can I return the car at this point if I am not happy with the performance?

I wasn't happy with my dealer prep, they claimed they were going to "detail" it. Since when is a "detail" a simple wash?

I just bought a 2020 CX5 1 day old) and was hearing squeaking and thump from right front of car brought it back to the dealer and they retorqued and tightened the bolts to the suspension and lowered the tire pressure to 36. I do not hear any noises but the ride is rough and feel all the bumps and car seems to be bouncing when going over the bumps. The car has 100 miles. My car is is parked in a garage overnight. What can be causing the rough ride and bouncing? I have had the car in my possession for two days not counting the time it was at the dealership. I called the dealership again and he said I need to break the car in and drive it around. This seems like BS to me. Why would driving a car longer take care of the bounce and rough ride. Mazda CX5 should have a smooth ride. Is there anything else that should be looked at? Can I return the car at this point if I am not happy with the performance?
Once titled, you can’t just return the car unless you have some problems too many days and it meets state lemon law requirements.

At this point, if you feel the ride of your new 2020 CX-5 (Touring? GT? GT-R? Signature?) is totally different from the one you test-drove, or just go to your Mazda dealer to test-drive another CX-5 with same trim level and compare the ride with yours. If they do feel different, ask your dealer to do something on your CX-5 under warranty.

Have you owned a Mazda before?

Thanks for the reply. It is a CX5 Touring. I have driven a touring before and have not had that issue. I was given a loaner from the dealer but it was the sport version and loved it. I will take your advice and test drive same model and make the comparison. When I called the service center, they said that I am being too picky !!!! Even though they tighten the bolts is there anything else that can cause the bumpy bouncy ride that you are aware of? Is there a way to test the gas/fluid in the suspension? Should I bring the car to another mazda service station?

Thanks for the reply. It is a CX5 Touring. I have driven a touring before and have not had that issue. I was given a loaner from the dealer but it was the sport version and loved it. I will take your advice and test drive same model and make the comparison. When I called the service center, they said that I am being too picky !!!! Even though they tighten the bolts is there anything else that can cause the bumpy bouncy ride that you are aware of? Is there a way to test the gas/fluid in the suspension? Should I bring the car to another mazda service station?
From your description I feel your new 2020 CX-5 Touring seems to have something wrong. If you have a tire gauge, check the tire pressure yourself. Your tire pressure should be at 34 psi when cold on your 225/65R17 tires. Or you can go to a tire store such as the Discount Tire Store nearby for free tire pressure check-up but now the tire pressure should be 36 ~ 37 psi since the CX-5 has been driving. You can give your Mazfa dealer another try to fix the problem and ask for a 2020 CX-5 Touring as a loaner. If you still feel the ride on your new CX-5 is a lot worse than the loaner, and your dealer starts saying the ride on yours is normal, you may have to escalate the case to Customee Experience Center, Mazda North American Opetations and try another dealer. Tell the MNAO rep that you’ve been driving other CX-5 Touring for comparison and the ride on your new CX-5 Touring simply is not acceptable. And tell the rep you paid ~$30K is to enjoy a new CX-5, not to waste your time stopping at the Mazda dealer all the time.

And BTW, CX-5 Sport should have the same ride characteristics as your CX-5 Touring with same 17” tires.

Back