2020 CX5 Sig vs GT Reserve

@sDonym:

The rear sensors are an available Mazda option for the 2020 GT. $475 on the Mazda website, and these are installed at the port or by the dealer, not in Japan at the factory.

Look here for 2020 GT trim factory options and list prices.

As has been said, front parking sensors are not available on this model. They were not available in 2019 when I purchased, either.

Adding the front ones sounds strange to me.
Charging $750 for the rear ones might not be Kosher, since Factory List Price is $450...unless you already own the car.

@sDonym:

Adding the front ones sounds strange to me.
Charging $750 for the rear ones might not be Kosher, since Factory List Price is $450...unless you already own the car.
at those prices, it's better to just fork over the extra $ for the Sg model..

I am sure the front sensors they reference are aftermarket. I guess you could order the parts used on the Sg model and have them installed on a lower trim, but that would be $$$

Just do what I'm going to (for my rear bumper)... I ordered an aftermarket set of 4 sensors - with controller and audio alert. Cost around $15 and came with a drill bit for the bumper. I will install when the weather gets warmer, but I found the instructions for the factory accessory set on the forum or web (I forget), which give you all the info on how to access the bumper/panels removal and exactly how/where to splice the wires. The bumper even has molded marks (apparently) on where to drill the holes!

The only difference is that the sensors will not be body-color painted, but I ordered dark grey metallic ones that should go well with my Eternal Blue car (or you can get them painted). This is similar to what I got: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Obviously you can do a similar install for the fronts, but you're on your own for instructions and wiring, then.

I will attached the install pdf here while I think of it...

Attachments

• KB7WV7290A Parking Sensor Rear_inst EN.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Just do what I'm going to (for my rear bumper)... I ordered an aftermarket set of 4 sensors - with controller and audio alert. Cost around $15 and came with a drill bit for the bumper. I will install when the weather gets warmer, but I found the instructions for the factory accessory set on the forum or web (I forget), which give you all the info on how to access the bumper/panels removal and exactly how/where to splice the wires. The bumper even has molded marks (apparently) on where to drill the holes!

The only difference is that the sensors will not be body-color painted, but I ordered dark grey metallic ones that should go well with my Eternal Blue car (or you can get them painted). This is similar to what I got: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Obviously you can do a similar install for the fronts, but you're on your own for instructions and wiring, then.

I will attached the install pdf here while I think of it...
I’m not that handy, unfortunately. Besides it will be a lease so ‘modifications’, not factory or dealer, are no-no’s I’m sure Thanks for all the info.

I’m not that handy, unfortunately. Besides it will be a lease so ‘modifications’, not factory or dealer, are no-no’s I’m sure Thanks for all the info.
So they were gonna modify the lease vehicle for you and charge you for the upgrades???

Interesting.

So they were gonna modify the lease vehicle for you and charge you for the upgrades???

Interesting.

I’m just in shopping phase for a lease. I’m used to F/R parking sensors and am not thrilled with the crappy resolution/static nature of the back up camera. $pringing for the $ig isn’t likely to happen. The install idea was their sales attempt.

Yeh, I'll bet it was their idea.

They charge everyone else $450 (at least for the rear ones) and make a profit at it. So they make an extra $300 x2 up front AND they increase the resale value when you turn it in.

Hmmmm.....

I'd get them to split the List Price of $450 with you (meaning you pay $225 each). They'll get their money back. They may have already broken even at that price.

Oh, if you read some of the other threads here, you'll see that you are not alone with your opinion of the camera. Personally, I'm fine with it.

I was never bothered with the quality of the rear camera as I just need to see anything in the way. I'm not making prints. I did improve my rear camera's image a bit when I discovered that there were adjustable settings. I lowered brightness quite a bit, lowered the color setting and shifted the color balance. I can't remember if there is a contrast setting. Cleaning the lens once in a while helps as well.

Oh, if you read some of the other threads here, you'll see that you are not alone with your opinion of the camera. Personally, I'm fine with it.

Yeah, me too. I'm not sure why some people are seeing bad resolution. Mine looks fine. I can't tell if it's that some just have bad cameras installed or they are more golden-eyed than me? Certainly there's no loss of quality between our 2014 and our 2019.

Hmmm.

Back