2020 CX-5 Theft-Deterrent System question

Hi guys,
I just recently purchased a 2020 CX-5 Signature. I was trying to test the Theft-Deterrent system. When armed and locked, if your keys are no where near the vehicle and the door is opened from the inside should that trigger the alarm to go off? I have tried everything and nothing triggers it. Makes me think something is wrong.

What makes you think you have an anti-theft alarm? AFAIK, no US models have them (see other thread today, on this topic).

I think the anti theft is the chip in the key or so called built in immobilizer,
i.e. can't start the car if the key is not near.
not an actual alarm sounding.

Oh ok. Thought I read it in the manual somewhere and past vehicles I've owned would trigger the car to beep if I tried to open the door from the inside while locked. Thought something was wrong.

I haven't tried this, but I may tonight for fun.

- Lock the vehicle with the window down, give the key to my wife and have her walk away.
- Reach inside and unlock the door and open it.

It sounds like people are saying that you will not get any type of alert to this. Is that correct?

It sounds like people are saying that you will not get any type of alert to this. Is that correct?

Correct. No alert / no Sound. The car will simply open the door without any fanfare.

Theft deterrent system is simply an ignition immobilizer nothing more. IE makes hot wiring aka spy movie style a bit more tricky.

Yeah, I just ran the experiment. No sound, just a flashing lock icon on the dash. Maybe that's supposed to scare a thief away. :unsure:

Back