2020 CX-5 GT AWD + PP price check

Keep in mind that is only the state sales tax rate. Cities can add on top of that. Most dealerships in Seattle area are 10+% total sale tax rate.

WA state sales rate is 6.5%, cities and counties add their own on top of that, bringing Vancouver area to 8.4%. WA law caps doc fee at $150, almost all dealers charge $150 if not all, just because they can.

:
CX5 GT
doc fee 150 is dirt cheap :)
here in phx there are no regulations, so the usual doc fee goes to 500-600 usd.
plus the stupid useless addons like "desert protection", etc.

Not sure about WA but here in AZ even if you buy the car out of state with no tax , you gotta pay the tax locally when you bring the car in.

Back on the topic, 9-10% off msrp is a good deal that you have to aim for but may need to shop around.
Then Mazda incentives whatever they have on top of the discounted price.
Thats your total before taxes, docs and reg.

WA state sales rate is 6.5%, cities and counties add their own on top of that, bringing Vancouver area to 8.4%. WA law caps doc fee at $150, almost all dealers charge $150 if not all, just because they can.
Thank you for correcting. I was so used to high sales tax around here that I just assumed the 8.4% was the base :)

doc fee 150 is dirt cheap :)
here in phx there are no regulations, so the usual doc fee goes to 500-600 usd.
plus the stupid useless addons like "desert protection", etc.

Not sure about WA but here in AZ even if you buy the car out of state with no tax , you gotta pay the tax locally when you bring the car in.

Back on the topic, 9-10% off msrp is a good deal that you have to aim for but may need to shop around.
Then Mazda incentives whatever they have on top of the discounted price.
Thats your total before taxes, docs and reg.
On doc fees, I've also had good luck with Seattle area dealers offering to drop it in order to make the sale.

Same here in WA. Looking at AZ, for example, the sales tax is lower than WA. So when registering the vehicle in WA we'd have to pay the difference between what was paid in AZ vs what WA levies in sales tax.