2019 XC40 vs 2019 CX-5 Signature

Interesting. I feel like most would consider a thin screen more premium.

Indeed, but the screen is far from "thin" by today's standards.

I rather have it stick out and be very thin (like a laptop) than have it integrated with a bulky backing.

Ok, but as it is right now, it just sticks out.

I agree. I think it looks more premium the way it is than if they added the backing to it. It looks like an only CRT monitor with the backing.

Keep in mind that my edit was incredibly poor, lol. Ideally it would look more thought-out. It doesn't need a thick bulging backing either. I would just prefer that the screen integrates with the dash on some level, rather than the way it looks right now. Keep in mind that my gripes are primarily with the CX-9's screen. The CX-5's implementation is more appealing in comparison.

Anyway, just my two cents.

A dashboard wouldn't be a good place for a thin laptop like screen.

Dealer offered me $9500 for my CX5 today. Far better than the $7500 that Toyota offered me. Still, I just dunno. Really having a hard time wanting to pay another note once this one gets done for. I'll just get used to the 6.2 0-60 anyways. Meh. Torn over it.

Dealer offered me $9500 for my CX5 today. Far better than the $7500 that Toyota offered me. Still, I just dunno. Really having a hard time wanting to pay another note once this one gets done for. I'll just get used to the 6.2 0-60 anyways. Meh. Torn over it.

That's a pretty good offer...right? Yous should do it! (yes)

images.jpeg

Leave him alone. He's getting a Rav4 and we'll finally be rid of him. :D

I kid, I kid!!!! :D

(mostly) :p

No, really, am joking. ;)

I hear you. I have gone through 10 vehicles since 2004 myself. All the years have been payments except 2. I am going to buy another vehicle soon and will drive to the ground.

"Now if we could only get CarPlay nav on the heads-up display."

That's my top/only wish for my 2018 CX-5 GT! After looking at what 2020 is offering, I am even more satisfied with my purchase ;-)

Yeah I know. I just don't understand buying a car so often I suppose.

That's just me.

It seems to be getting more and more popular these days. Makes sense with the amount of new tech and design features now available to more affordable brands like Hyundai and Toyota. More and more people appear to be leasing as well, which makes sense if you like to be at the forefront of available tech.

Getting into a new car every X years is not something I would personally do at this point in my life, but I can totally understand why others might.

It seems to be getting more and more popular these days. Makes sense with the amount of new tech and design features now available to more affordable brands like Hyundai and Toyota. More and more people appear to be leasing as well, which makes sense if you like to be at the forefront of available tech.

Getting into a new car every X years is not something I would personally do at this point in my life, but I can totally understand why others might.

Yeah. I'm 29 and like not having a car payment. My last car was just shy of 300,000 miles on it (1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) before I bought the CX-5. I suppose if I had to always have the latest and greatest tech, but that's not a game I chase, personally. I just drive to drive.

EDIT: 7 years in owning my CX-5 (as of 4/20 next month), I now have just under 92,000 miles on it, so I expect I'll be driving it for maaany more years to come before I even start looking at anything. If this thing lasts me 15 years or so and 250,000+ miles, I'll be a very happy camper. Really I want to see the mileage top the piece of crap Jeep I got to like 292,000-ish.

Man, I bought my first new car (truck) at the age of 36, kept it for 16 years, bought another truck in 2005 (still have it), then bought my CX-5 in 2019. Before that I always paid cash (my $1,000 Grand Prix was the most I ever shelled out for a used car back then) and drove them for several years, then got my money back when I sold them. I guess I was lucky in finding deals. The days of $500 reliable transportation sure are gone.

I love being out from under payments as much as I love cheap insurance and low personal property taxes...as long as the transportation is reliable. Early homeownership and college-at-night got me into the low-budget lifestyle.

I might buy another new car down the road. Being retired, I'm no longer saving for my future...now I'm timing my spending. We'll see where the stock market stands in a few years. Maybe a Miata for my 70th birthday....

Back