2019 Windshield Sensor Cover Removal

I had my windshield replaced on my 2019 CX-5 Signature and it appears that the rain sensing wipers do not work with the rain sensor. Does anyone know how to remove the cover on the windshield? I thought I would look at it before taking it back to the body shop, to make sure the sensor is there or not loose or something.

I have already made sure the rain sensor is turned on in the infotainment center. Also I have tried to make sure I have the handle in the auto position.

Thanks

I had my windshield replaced on my 2019 CX-5 Signature and it appears that the rain sensing wipers do not work with the rain sensor. Does anyone know how to remove the cover on the windshield? I thought I would look at it before taking it back to the body shop, to make sure the sensor is there or not loose or something.

I have already made sure the rain sensor is turned on in the infotainment center. Also I have tried to make sure I have the handle in the auto position.

Thanks
Although this’s for gen-1 CX-5 but the way to remove the sensor cover should be similar.

How To Remove the Sensor Cover Behind the Windshield

If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay?? I was quoted almost $900
I paid ~$850 total to replace my hail-damaged gen-1 CX-5 GT windshield. And only OEM windshield is available for my GT. There were horror stories of loose sensors and camera after the windshield replacement by national chains. The worst was the shop “taped” the sensors onto the windshield because the clips to hold those sensors come with the new windshield were missing due to the use of wrong windshield.

I think several other features use the same camera as the auto wipers so you should check - lane departure, if equipped active driving stop sign recognition, low speed auto braking,,,

This was under insurance so I am not sure what it costs.
When I go to that link with instructions, the part that shows how to do it will not open. Please post new instructions.
As far as I can tell everything else works but I will continue to check.
This is a picture of my windshield. Do I have enough sensors.

Attachments

• B7F3D949-59D5-43C7-8200-319B4F143FBE.jpeg
    B7F3D949-59D5-43C7-8200-319B4F143FBE.jpeg
    864.2 KB · Views: 226
Also on the insurance , I had damage to the roof of the car, along with the windshield. We were driving down a palm tree lined street in Ft Myers Florida on a beautiful sunny day, and a palm tree branch fell and hit the car! Very rare incident , I assume. So far about $2,500 under insurance.

Last edited:
Back