2019 Mazda3 headlight assembly replacement?

andyg

Contributor
:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
My daughter had a relatively slow speed collision with a deer and it broke the passenger side headlight and the chrome color trim below it. Searching on line for any info or video on replacing the headlight, and I cant find anything beyond 2018. Anything significantly different about the procedure in a 2019 Mazda 3 ( base model-- no adaptive headlights)?

Wouldn't your insurance have the damage repaired? This is something that would not be your daughter's fault so it shouldn't go against her record.

My daughter had a relatively slow speed collision with a deer and it broke the passenger side headlight and the chrome color trim below it. Searching on line for any info or video on replacing the headlight, and I cant find anything beyond 2018. Anything significantly different about the procedure in a 2019 Mazda 3 ( base model-- no adaptive headlights)?

They appear to have the same headlight design, so I would assume that the procedure for replacing a 2019 headlight is similar, if not identical to replacing a 2018 headlight. But to confirm, I would just call a dealer and ask them for the part numbers for both headlights to see if they're different.

Wouldn't your insurance have the damage repaired? This is something that would not be your daughter's fault so it shouldn't go against her record.
It would, but the deductible is about the same as the parts, and here, it would raise the rates.

Back