2018 Speedo Not Calibrated?

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
That and it’s not worth it for them. However technically they can get you for going 1mph over speed limit if they wanted an excuse to legally pull you over

The margin here used to be about 5km/h before a police officer would pull one over. No it's as little as 1-2km/h.

Since most speedos show under what the vehicle is doing, one shouldn't get pulled over if doing exactly the speed limit or 1 over.

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Thanks guys. Just a little disconcerting when I see cruise set to 80 and analog is off. Maybe I am a little ocd!

craigo

Contributor
:
2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring
Thanks guys. Just a little disconcerting when I see cruise set to 80 and analog is off. Maybe I am a little ocd!

Pretty much all the manufacturers set the speedo to read a little fast so as to compensate for tire diameter variations and other factors. They'd rather you'd be driving slower than you think rather than faster - maybe liability reasons?

piotrek91

:
2013 CX-5 6MT
Oooh look...Amazon has a sale on Mens US Flag Speedos!

lol! At least OP didn't say that his Speedo is "off"

I don't want to know what would show up in that case.

GBpxsw4.png

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
In places such as Europe, Brazil, and in the Philippines...sporting a speedo = wearing shorts in the US.

:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5
In most countries the speedo is required to never read below actual speed. My Duc's speedo reads really high, as much as 11%, to make one feel good.

:
2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto
lol! At least OP didn't say that his Speedo is "off"

I don't want to know what would show up in that case.

GBpxsw4.png

Sorry for carrying on the off topic conversation but I live not that far away from the Speedo UK HQ in Nottingham. I'll get my coat (Speedo) as the weather has been blisteringly warm here which is unusual for a British summer.(drunk) Just had a few drinks, talking gibberish. The HQ statement is true though. Oh God keep me away from computers when I've had a few.

erhayes

Contributor
:
2021CX5 Reserve
Life is so good that we can focus on important things like a small speedometer error. Ed

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Nothing to worry about. If you are doing the set speed limit via the speedo, you are actually slightly slower. So all good