2018 Mazda CX5 Front Camera Sensor Blocked?

Sylus

Banned
Hello everyone,

Is any one having trouble with the front camera? I get a FRONT CAMERA SENSOR BLOCKED, warning all the time. I have had it to the dealer 3 times for the same thing. The last time the had it for 3 weeks. In a 10 mile journey it will go off 7-8 times. I stop and clean the lens and it still does it, any recommendations?

Last edited:
What did the dealer say was causing the warning message? Is there another dealer you can take it to?

Have you contacted Mazda N/A and opened a case?

I have had it to the dealer 3 times for the same thing. The last time the had it for 3 weeks.

So they had it in 3 times, the last time for 3 weeks, and after 3 weeks you came in to pick it up and they just said "here's your keys, bye"?

If the windshield has been replaced, they might not have reinstalled it properly or used the wrong windshield...

I see you say it's a 2018. Is it still under warranty? 3 visits to the dealer and no answer seems odd. What do they tell you ... Works fine, can't duplicate?

You said that you've stopped and cleaned the lens. Does that fix the problem but only for a moment or have no effect? There are two front cameras ... The one in the grill under the Mazda radar emblem and also one in the windshield up by the rearview mirror. I have had the camera in the windshield get "fogged" under the right conditions a few times but it doesn't last long with the defroster blowing on the windshield.

The OP has been banned because they edited the original post with some spam links, so they were likely just a spammer. I decided to leave this thread up because you guys have provided some useful info that can be referenced in the future, if someone does happen to have a similar issue.

I have read that sometimes, the inner side of the windshield can fog up in front of the lens and trigger this warning.

In any event, if the car is under warranty, it should go to the dealer for diagnosis provided you have already tried to clean the areas in front of the cameras yourself. I think they would probably try recalibrating the sensors/cameras and checking the seals around the lenses to ensure they do not fog up.

Back