2018 CX9 Horn Wiring Programming with Evo One

:
Mazda CX-9 2018
Hi. I have a question about the horn 2018 CX-9.

I don't have the horn activation when locking using the OEM remote. I've installed the evo-one and everything is working fine (remote start and locking doors w/OEM remote while engine is running). Someone answered at the Fortin Ask forum as follows:
"Yes, Orange/Black wire on the 20 pin connector should be the (-) Horn output. Connect it to the vehicle (-) horn wire and when you lock with the after market remote, it will honk the horn at the same time as lock. It will only work through the aftermarket remote. No it is not the same wire color as the evo-one, it should be a blue wire at the clock spring connector on the steering column. Test before connecting."

Here's a working example, starting at 00:40 to 00:50.

I tried contacting the creator but he didn't respond.

Does anyone know how do I wire the horn with the evo-one? Even a picture at least of the wire for the CX-9 2018 horn at the clock spring connector on the steering column will suffice.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

The answer you posted clearly says this will only work with an aftermarket remote. But also, what do you mean you don’t have the horn activated when you lock the doors with the oem remote ? Installing the evo-one doesn’t change the behaviour of the OEM remote, if you double lock with the OEM the horn should sound regardless of evo one install or not unless you have deactivated it in the mazda settings.

The answer you posted clearly says this will only work with an aftermarket remote. But also, what do you mean you don’t have the horn activated when you lock the doors with the oem remote ? Installing the evo-one doesn’t change the behaviour of the OEM remote, if you double lock with the OEM the horn should sound regardless of evo one install or not unless you have deactivated it in the mazda settings.
This feature is removed from my region's version. If you check the video in the post, you'll see it working using the evo-one. I just want a picture for the horn wire at the clock spring connector. Btw, if you could take a picture of its setting, it would be useful using OBDII to reactivate it from the settings menu, as I did for the auto doors locking menu (yes, this feature is removed as well, and I have no idea why).

Another option that is mysteriously unavailable in that part of the world. Unfortunately I checked and the horn on door lock is not an option we can change. I thought we could but we can only change how loud the beep is when we lock the doors. The horn on the second lock is not customizable.

I tried to find the horn wire but couldn't find it, but I did find that you may be able to connect through the fuse instead as shown in this EVO-ALL guide, on the wiring connection diagram A. https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/16221/16221.pdf

The fuse map is in your user manual and there should be a fuse dedicated to the horn. You could try connecting there, but I don't know if this will work, and holds no responsibility for any damages that may occur.

Good luck!

Another option that is mysteriously unavailable in that part of the world. Unfortunately I checked and the horn on door lock is not an option we can change. I thought we could but we can only change how loud the beep is when we lock the doors. The horn on the second lock is not customizable.

I tried to find the horn wire but couldn't find it, but I did find that you may be able to connect through the fuse instead as shown in this EVO-ALL guide, on the wiring connection diagram A. https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/16221/16221.pdf

The fuse map is in your user manual and there should be a fuse dedicated to the horn. You could try connecting there, but I don't know if this will work, and holds no responsibility for any damages that may occur.

Good luck!

Thank you for everything, @youri. Hopefully someone else can help with this horn wire at the clock spring connector stuff.

Back