2018 CX5 Roof rack rail plastic covers

rgl

:
2018 CX5
I installed a roof rack on my daughters car and while finishing up one of the "screw" covers broke. Are those available?

I also damaged one of mine when pushing it in.
How damaged is yours?
Likely you will not take it out again unless you want to remove the rack.
I would just guerrilla glue it in somehow.

I also damaged one of mine when pushing it in.
How damaged is yours?
Likely you will not take it out again unless you want to remove the rack.
I would just guerrilla glue it in somehow.

I did get it out. All i know is it won't click into place.

I broke one during the install on my 2016. I used a bit of JB Weld and it was as good as new.

I did get it out. All i know is it won't click into place.

I just installed roof rails on my 2019 CX-5 and one clip broke on installation. I used two surrounding blobs of JB weld to reinforce the break and held the tabs with a mini C-clamp while it cured.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20181229_182721_resized.jpg
    20181229_182721_resized.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 859
  • 20181229_182756_resized.jpg
    20181229_182756_resized.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 781
The part number is 0000-8L-R06. I googled around and was able to find the dealership with the lowest shipping cost. My local dealer wanted $10ish for it.

The part number is 0000-8L-R06. I googled around and was able to find the dealership with the lowest shipping cost. My local dealer wanted $10ish for it.

Thank you--didn't have any breakage, but will save to my list of "possibly needed future part #'s" I have already started.

Installed the OEM roof rails myself right after getting my car, and those clip in covers seem to be a more complicated solution than what perhaps is necessary unless they serve an additional purpose beyond just covering the openings....especially if the rails themselves aren't something that would constantly be taken off and replaced. Don't see a reason that more simple snap-in covers wouldn't work.

I'm trying to remove my side rails and roof racks. Does anyone know how to get these things out? There are two very small holes on each side.

You push a pin in the small holes and it’ll pop right out (the plastic covers).
Yes I just figured it out and used parts of a cheap clothes hanger. I thought I would have to push in those big green clips at the bottom but its only the tiny little metal looking parts at the top. Thanks for the quick reply!

Back