2018 CX-9 GT AWD, tires needed at 25K

My 2018 CX9 AWD GT needs tires at just 25K. Disappointing. The factory Bridgestone Ecopia's are close to the wear bars and sound very much 'cupped' (no longer round). After a hydroplaning experience on the higher over the weekend, decided it was time to replace.

After some research, I decided to go with the Michelin Defender LTX M + S. The other tire I was considering was the Michelin Premier LTX.

While I wanted to stay with a V rated tire (the Premier), I decided to go with the Defender due to the superior winter traction and positive ratings associated with wear.

They're getting installed tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

So, put 1K on the Michelin Defender LTS tires over the weekend (driving from FL to NY).

First impression is that the tires are a little bit more noisy than I was expecting. Not loud, just slightly noticeable. Given that these are M+S rated, not a huge surprise.

The ride is slightly softer. I'm good with this as the CX9 w/ V rated 255-50-20s was a little harsh for the category (in my opinion). Steering and responsiveness is great.

Overall, pleased with the purchase. Here's to hoping that these last far longer than 25K miles.

:
2014 Ford Explorer Sport, 2009 CX9(Wife's)
So, put 1K on the Michelin Defender LTS tires over the weekend (driving from FL to NY).

First impression is that the tires are a little bit more noisy than I was expecting. Not loud, just slightly noticeable. Given that these are M+S rated, not a huge surprise.

The ride is slightly softer. I'm good with this as the CX9 w/ V rated 255-50-20s was a little harsh for the category (in my opinion). Steering and responsiveness is great.

Overall, pleased with the purchase. Here's to hoping that these last far longer than 25K miles.
You know, I noticed the same thing about the Premier LTX's I had installed on my Explorer a few years ago.

The OE Hankooks were quiet and smooth all the way to 70K miles, but they were terrible in the snow, so they had to be replaced before winter.

The Premier LTX's are lightyears ahead of the Hankooks for grip in snow and about equal for other weather, so it's an acceptable tradeoff with slightly more noise.

:
Mazda CX-9 GT

I got Michelin Premier LTX V rated for my 2016 GT. Have a road trip coming up in few weeks from J to FL as well. Can't wait to see how it feels on new Michelins.