2017 windshield replacement

:
2017 CX9 GT AWD
Just had the windshield replaced on my 2017 GT. It's the Canadian version of the GT without the Tech Package (no lane assist, radar cruise, etc.). The Safelite technician said I may have to get the sensors recalibrated by the dealership. However, is this necessary if I don't have the Tech Package?

I had a similar situation with the 2016 CX-5 GT we had. I was told to have dealer check it and I did not. Everything was fine.

I just had my windshield replaced and I have an '18 GT with all the bells and whistles. My advice would be to get a dealer price for the same work. I went to Safelite first and they quoted me a decent price, but then showed up with the wrong windshield (one for a CX-5 actually) and tried to tell me I gave them the wrong car information. After checking the VIN, the tech realized they just messed up. Since they didn't have the right windshield in the truck, he left and they were going to get back to me with a price for the correct windshield. They came back with like $900 to replace the windshield + $300 to calibrate the cameras ($400 more than their initial quote). At this point, I called my local dealer and asked them for a price just to compare. Turn's out the dealer charged me $783+Tax fully installed. There is no mention of "calibrating cameras" in the paperwork, and I've used the radar cruise/lane keep assist/etc since and it all works perfectly.

My guess is the cameras do not need to be re-calibrated at all. Also, if you don't have the cameras, I cannot think of what else they would need to calibrate? I used to think Safelite was the way to go, but after this experience, I have to say I'm less than impressed with them.

I just had my CX-9 16 GT's windshield replaced by SafeLite a couple days ago. They replaced with the OEM one + re-calibration. The total cost is $1050 including the $398 labor charge. I did not check with the dealership as I will have to pay $300 deductible anyway.

Just found out this morning that my power liftgate wouldn't open using either key fob, the button at the tailgate or the button near the steering wheel. Not sure if the re-calibration has anything to do with this.

Updated on another thread: The power liftgate issue was fixed and not related to the windshield re-calibration.

I just had my CX-9 16 GT's windshield replaced by SafeLite a couple days ago. They replaced with the OEM one + re-calibration. The total cost is $1050 including the $398 labor charge. I did not check with the dealership as I will have to pay $300 deductible anyway.

Just found out this morning that my power liftgate wouldn't open using either key fob, the button at the tailgate or the button near the steering wheel. Not sure if the re-calibration has anything to do with this.

Another user on her had something similar happen. Have ur battery disconnected and reconnected. It makes the system reset and it fixed it.

Back