2017 Mazda CX-5 idle sounds

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I like this tip to make a free megaphone to check for engine noise. I haven't tried it, but in his video it really amplifies the sounds.

Ha, good tip. But I’d just spend $5 for a mechanic’s stethoscope from Harbor Freight Tools which should have the same effectiveness ⋯ ;)

:
2017 mazda cx-5 grand touring Premium package Soul Red Crystal
I have one of the HBF stethoscopes, I'll try to isolate some sounds this week

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
DON’T drive your CX-5 until you add at least another 0.5 ~ 0.7 quart of fresh oil!!!
That's a little extreme I'm sorry to say. Drive it and top it up when you have a moment.
If it was a problem, then every car I've ever owned in the last 40 years would have had a blown engine.
Running your engine when it's only down half a quart won't kill it.

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
Ha, good tip. But I’d just spend $5 for a mechanic’s stethoscope from Harbor Freight Tools which should have the same effectiveness ⋯ ;)
It is funny that an older review literally says that:
"Great tool to find where all that noise is coming from. Better than using a jug and extra long screw driver. (All men should have one to test the ex wife before marriage.)"

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
That's a little extreme I'm sorry to say. Drive it and top it up when you have a moment.
If it was a problem, then every car I've ever owned in the last 40 years would have had a blown engine.
Running your engine when it's only down half a quart won't kill it.
Yes, I agree. Down 0.5 ~ 0.7 quart of oil from Full is fine to the engine. In fact once my 2018 Toyota Yaris iA was down 2.5 quarts from Full due to the leaky drain plug from Toyota dealer’s oil change and it didn’t trigger low oil pressure warning nor engine damage (at least the short term). I was exaggerating the seriousness of the situation and was trying to bring up OP’s attention. And I myself just can't stand that people don’t put in enough oil to the Full mark during the oil change for greater safety margins.