2017 CX5 maintenance question

:
Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT
I just have done Oil change (with filter so far). 45000KM so far
Any other maintenance needed?
Like Brake fluid? I saw Transmission fluid from Mazda is life time, I saw some discussions on that as well.
Any other services recommended? Or I should just follow the schedule from Mazda

Thanks

Air filter if you have never changed it.

At that mileage (roughly 30k miles) I think not much else to do apart from oil changes.

If it was me, in addition I would take a peek at the coolant level, brake fluid level and color, inspect brake pads, inspect the aux belt on the alternator and a quick look at the engine for any oil spots or leaks, test my battery health + verify battery liquid level if you are still on the oem battery.

Air filter if you have never changed it.

At that mileage (roughly 30k miles) I think not much else to do apart from oil changes.
Yes I did change the air filter as well. Just my car is on the last year for the warranty, just wonder should I check anything before it out warranty.
Thanks

Yes I did change the air filter as well. Just my car is on the last year for the warranty, just wonder should I check anything before it out warranty.
Thanks
Cabin air filter needs to be replaced too?

I’d search every possible TSBs associated to my model year here、NHTSA、and on Internet, then bring those TSBs to Mazda dealer for the last warranty service. That’s what I did, and saved my time and money after the warranty expired.

The TSBs are not recall type issues. IF you are having a problem and there is a TSB for it, then the Dealer with fix/update to correct the issue. Ed

The TSBs are not recall type issues. IF you are having a problem and there is a TSB for it, then the Dealer with fix/update to correct the issue. Ed
Yes, TSBs are not recalls. But TSBs are common problems to the vehicles involved. That’s why it’s important to find those TSBs and make sure you can resolve those possible problems before your warranty expires.

Agreed, but, you will get laughed at if you just go to the dealer with a hand full of the TSBs for your vehicle and expect them to do all of them. Just saying. Ed

I have a 2019 Mazda CX-5 touring - I get the service performed at the dealer ($79.00)- everytime I get my Mazda serviced the techs switch the maintenance to fixed (5000 miles) vs. flexible (7500 miles) - main question- I noticed the other day I had forgot to go in and change the setting back to flexible ( I have driven about 2000 miles since the last service) I switched it back to flexible without doing a reset - but the maintenance indicator states i have 7500 miles left.... will this eventually update being that i have already driven 2000 miles?

Agreed, but, you will get laughed at if you just go to the dealer with a hand full of the TSBs for your vehicle and expect them to do all of them. Just saying. Ed
I brought my CX-5 to my Mazda dealer several days before my new car warranty expired. Out of 10 items I wanted them to check or fix, 3 recalls, 4 TSBs, 3 other obvious problems. All of them got taken care of without anybody laughing at me.

I have a 2019 Mazda CX-5 touring - I get the service performed at the dealer ($79.00)- everytime I get my Mazda serviced the techs switch the maintenance to fixed (5000 miles) vs. flexible (7500 miles) - main question- I noticed the other day I had forgot to go in and change the setting back to flexible ( I have driven about 2000 miles since the last service) I switched it back to flexible without doing a reset - but the maintenance indicator states i have 7500 miles left.... will this eventually update being that i have already driven 2000 miles?
No.

No it will not.

What you can do is reset it to 5000 miles, so your total will be 2000+5000 = 7000 when it goes off. And try again next time. You can also ask them not to set your interval to 5000 miles when they do the service :) , but they probably will anyway.

Cabin air filter needs to be replaced too?

I’d search every possible TSBs associated to my model year here、NHTSA、and on Internet, then bring those TSBs to Mazda dealer for the last warranty service. That’s what I did, and saved my time and money after the warranty expired.
Good idea, I will check that. I briefly checked the tsbs yesterday, I did notice 2 potential issues for my car. 1 is my steerwheel I feel not in the center and one is the knock sound from the back.

Latest posts

Back