2017 CX5 better "overall machine" than previous generation

And since so many of you seem to be performance-oriented, just compare the new Civic with the newest Mazda3. Civic gives an awesome SI option AND Type R? Mazda is losing to Honda at its own game.

The new Civic Si is an appealing car on paper and a pretty good match for the Mazda3. But when I account for the fact that I'll have to look at it every day, no thanks. It's an ugly car, inside and out. I think Honda has lost their mind with their recent designs. The styling is weird, inconsistent, and overdone. The Ridgeline and Pilot are bearable. The Civic and Odyssey are ugly. The Accord and CR-V are somewhere in the middle. IMO of course.

The new Civic Si is an appealing car on paper and a pretty good match for the Mazda3. But when I account for the fact that I'll have to look at it every day, no thanks. It's an ugly car, inside and out. I think Honda has lost their mind with their recent designs. The styling is weird, inconsistent, and overdone. The Ridgeline and Pilot are bearable. The Civic and Odyssey are ugly. The Accord and CR-V are somewhere in the middle. IMO of course.

+1. New civic is lame teenager body kit fugly. Ruins what is most likely a nice drivetrain.

+1. New civic is lame teenager body kit fugly. Ruins what is most likely a nice drivetrain.

Not really a big fan of it either, however, when that spoiled teenager totals that new Type R, I'd love to buy it from salvage and toss it in a hatch...

Sure, if that's your definition of better overall vehicle then enjoy! You may enjoy yours for half a second, but I'll enjoy mine the entire time ;)

I bought a Mazda because I'm a driver! Sounds like you should bought a Toyota since that obviously doesn't apply to you. *because Mazda forum logic circa 2016* rofl!

I bought a Mazda because I'm a driver! Sounds like you should bought a Toyota since that obviously doesn't apply to you. *because Mazda forum logic circa 2016* rofl!

You can't be that stupid, so I'll just assume you're yanking my chain for fun. Cheers.

You can't be that stupid, so I'll just assume you're yanking my chain for fun. Cheers.

I said the same thing about many people on this forum a year ago when they told me that. But they were for serious :( (At least until the 2017 came out, and now they are about sound and NVH isolation, comfort, and so forth, lol!)

Wow I can't believe I actually just watched about 80% of the TFL Press briefing! Very informative!

Back