2017 CX-5 TPM sensors/ winter wheel/tire pkg

Slem

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
Just putting this out there, I was concerned about purchasing winter wheels/tire pkg without tpm sensors for my 2017 CX-5, thinking there could possibly be a annoying beep going on while driving, service department just advised me that there is no warning beep that will continue while driving, just the light will be on and a initial beep when you turn your vehicle on.

You wont be able to turn off traction control which you would want to do for snow driving and I think the TPMS light will be flashing the whole time you drive but it shouldnt bother anything else.

At least you bought a dedicated winter set. Just be sure to check the cold PSI of your tires frequently.

Did they change something for 2017? All the mazda vehicles prior run off the ABS reluctor wheel and do not have TPMS sensors. Are they now running wireless sensors instead?

Did they change something for 2017? All the mazda vehicles prior run off the ABS reluctor wheel and do not have TPMS sensors. Are they now running wireless sensors instead?

I can't speak for other models but '17+ CX-5 uses the old school TPMS sensors. At least you can get a true air pressure reading assuming the vehicle has a facility to display it.

Can I use the wheels from the previous model to the new Mazda cx5?The sensors and wheels size are the same?

I can't speak for other models but '17+ CX-5 uses the old school TPMS sensors. At least you can get a true air pressure reading assuming the vehicle has a facility to display it.
Both 2nd-gen Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 changed to more expensive direct-read TPMS system. But Mazda failed to provide any direct-read tire-pressure display capabilities like Nissan Rogue in instrumental cluster or Honda CR-V in its HondaLink phone app. Thiss something puzzles me why Mazda changed to direct-read TPMS with added cost but didnt untilize its features like everybody else? Its simply a waste of money for both the manufacture and consumers!

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor-large.jpg

Am_4AEqrloc5cLIxlIOEEsIXAhJr6XFlvnt-U3p3yESvcja7MQLneH0JSn6oJ6LYeQ=h310

You wont be able to turn off traction control which you would want to do for snow driving and I think the TPMS light will be flashing the whole time you drive but it shouldnt bother anything else.

At least you bought a dedicated winter set. Just be sure to check the cold PSI of your tires frequently.

When you say the light will be flashing, that would be enough to drive me crazy, do you know for a fact that it will be flashing? Or would the light just stay on constant ?

You won’t be able to turn off traction control which you would want to do for snow driving and I think the TPMS light will be flashing the whole time you drive but it shouldn’t bother anything else.

Why can’t you turn off the traction control?

Why can’t you turn off the traction control?

If your car uses TPMS sensors rather then the ABS regulators like on the older models, and you didn’t install these sensors you will not be able to turn off your traction control.

If your car uses TPMS sensors rather then the ABS regulators like on the older models, and you didn’t install these sensors you will not be able to turn off your traction control.

Is that brand or model specific because that simply isn't the case on my Toyota or Nissan products?

Is that brand or model specific because that simply isn't the case on my Toyota or Nissan products?

No clue. Friends 2012 Acura is like this, and my 2011 BMW did the same thing. It would allow you to turn off traction for a second but would always turn back on automatically because I had a low pressure fault.

When you say the light will be flashing, that would be enough to drive me crazy, do you know for a fact that it will be flashing? Or would the light just stay on constant ?

I'd like to know this too!

Just fit my new winter tyres with presumably after market tpms on my cx-5 and surprisingly no flashing tyre symbol or sound. It worked great and instantly.

I just got my CX-5 GT 2017 yesterday, I can confirm that the light does flash for about 15 seconds and then it stays on. I got my winter tires on rim (not mags) without TPMS.

Perfect, that's good to hear. Some mentioned that traction control either doesn't turn on or doesn't turn off without TPS on the 2017, have you noticed anything like that yet?

Perfect, that's good to hear. Some mentioned that traction control either doesn't turn on or doesn't turn off without TPS on the 2017, have you noticed anything like that yet?

From what I read in these post, you cannot "turn off" the traction control, therefore, TPS is on by default. I've asked my dealer about it and they confirm at 100% that TPS works even if your tire pressure indicator is on. I'll try to turn it off and see if it works, will keep you posted.

Back