2017 CX-5 Sport Suspension Noises

Mazda has an artificial intelligence chip on the main computer circuit board. As soon as you made an appointment, your Mazda over heard the conversation, and not wanting to go to the car doctor, it stopped making the noise. Now that the visit is over it will start making the noise again. :)
In seriousness I just don't know. Many people bring their cars in and on the day of the appointment the noises stop.

Mazda has an artificial intelligence chip on the main computer circuit board. As soon as you made an appointment, your Mazda over heard the conversation, and not wanting to go to the car doctor, it stopped making the noise. Now that the visit is over it will start making the noise again. :)
In seriousness I just don't know. Many people bring their cars in and on the day of the appointment the noises stop.
Haha, happens to me ALL the time. I had an issue on my Tacoma that took three separate visits for them to FINALLY confirm what I was saying.

I do feel better that they inspected everything. Perhaps it's just cold, dry weather making one of my bushings act up and now that a warmish rain came through it's "lubed".

What I notice with my car is, when I drive on rainy days my car rolls a little bit more when I park in my garage, which has a very slight grade, as if the rotors and pads slip easier.

It’s raining out, and while driving before my wife actually brought up that she couldn’t hear any creaking anymore. I noticed the same, and steering felt more firm in a good way. Worried I won’t be able to reproduce it tomorrow since it’s going to be wet. I guess I’ll mention this fact if it’s not doing it tomorrow AM.

Any idea what would cause creaking to go away when it’s wet outside?

Thanks!
Maybe the water from road splash is lubricating suspension bushings or something.

My guess is there was road debris or grime in the suspension. A nice wet wash from the wet roads helped remove this material. I guess the suspense continues until @marconis4 reports back after things dry up completely outside and the vehicle has been driven for a period of time.

Just wanted to report to everyone that the creaking is still present, as before. Also, at 3,000 miles on the tires I've noticed the fronts are wearing out faster than the rear. It's AWD so my understanding is that this is normal due to braking and turning forces placed on the tires, and I'm assuming the CX-5 is mostly FWD under normal operation? More concerning however is a heel-toe wear I've noticed. As seen in the photo (more pronounced than in person due to the shadows), the front of the tread blocks are higher and sharper than those on the rear tread block. In other words, the tread is sloping down from front to rear. Wonder if there's a correlation.

Attachments

• 32CF0B0C-5735-4C64-A420-753413D86ADF.jpeg
    32CF0B0C-5735-4C64-A420-753413D86ADF.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 116
Just wanted to report to everyone that the creaking is still present, as before. Also, at 3,000 miles on the tires I've noticed the fronts are wearing out faster than the rear. It's AWD so my understanding is that this is normal due to braking and turning forces placed on the tires, and I'm assuming the CX-5 is mostly FWD under normal operation? More concerning however is a heel-toe wear I've noticed. As seen in the photo (more pronounced than in person due to the shadows), the front of the tread blocks are higher and sharper than those on the rear tread block. In other words, the tread is sloping down from front to rear. Wonder if there's a correlation.
Front tires always wear faster than the rears because they do the steering. That's why most people rotate them every 5 or 10K miles. If your tires are not wearing evenly you should get an alignment.

Back