2017~2024 2017- CX-5 shifter trim?

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hi, I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an official answer. Has anyone installed any of these ebay shifter trims? I've got some scratches on my stock trim and was thinking about trying these, but have a couple of concerns: how closely does it match the dash trim and how far do they stick up? Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I have wondered a lot of the same. I also wonder what the tape / glue will do when it is time to remove - ultimately those unanswered questions have been barriers to purchase

(although I do like the stainless steel covers as well)

+1 to this question

Count me in on the same question. I have the black titanium door sill plates installed, so leaning towards the matching shifter trim. I recall comments either on here or on the product reviews on Amazon that the shifter covers once in place stick up too far from the surface for some people's preference. The factory piano gloss black is subtle and beautiful, but waaay too much of a scratch magnet even with a protectant product used on it.

I would be very careful when buying this off of ebay. I purchased from two different sellers and got my money back for both because once I received the item it looked nothing like that picture. Extremely thin and crappy metal plate that has a rainbow color when light reflects off of it. It uses 3M double sided tape to stick over your stock trim which the ones I received didn't cleanly cover all corners so it would just be a dirt trap. Price didn't matter as the first purchase was similar what you posted and the second one costed more. Read some folks that installed it having it lift off due to the double sided tape not sticking or just not covering that area. Unless I can find a reputable seller that sells a quality trim I decided to just stick with being extra careful for now.

Could you clear vinyl cover it (the same they use to wrap a car with a bit of heat) then trim the edges?

Found a video of someone doing something along the lines of what I am thinking (although, I would go black, not carbon fiber...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3K64ILQJvQ

Has anyone done this, would the wrap leave residue?

Sorry to say that I bought one that looked exactly like the one in the picture.
Poor quality in the sense that it was
not leveled with the actual surface.
3M tapes in the back.
After I put it on, after a while, one corner popped up.....
Advise you to look elsewhere....

Back