2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

Wierd. My blades work great after 18k miles and 8 months. No chatter. No skip. That said, I'll probably buy the Envisions because...less skip and chatter than zero, maybe? Lol

Are the Bosch inserts really that much better than the OEM? I'm really not liking my new OEM wiper blades, they skip across the glass a lot even with lots of water.
Bosch Envisions are not inserts, they*re the whole blade. According to those who have used them, they seem to be happy with them. If I had a gen-2 CX-5, I*d have a hard time spending $60 for a pair of wiper blades.

I drive in Buffalo NY. I love my cx5 but the wipers do suck. I drive daily about 1 hour to and 1 hour from work and my drive time during heavy snows and rain is increased do to the wipers in efficiently clearing the drivers side windshield. I have to stop on I 190 to clear ice and snow off wipers. The wipers become ice sticks sliding slush across line of vision. Defrosters on full to windshield and still build up. I go through some deep snow have a set of snow tires and it drives seamlessly in blizzards but I can't SEE.

Did they change the wiper design for 2019? i would like to get another Mazda CX5 but I won't until they change wiper design.

I have a 2017 mazda cx5 and the car has been absolutely reliable and a great pleasure to drive, except on one point. The wipers really suck. The driver side wiper jumps, skips and sticks. It has been terrible during the November rain. I tried washing the windscreen with window washer, applying silicon to wiper blade and many other things without any improvement.
Bosch envision is not available in Europe. Has any one European replacement for these wipers?

I'll reply to my own question regarding European model of Bosch wiper for cx5 from 2017 to present. It is called Bosch aerotwin 398s a packet containing two front wipers for CX5 second generation. Just ordered the pair for 33 Euros.

Received it today (29th Nov.) and installed it. Dead easy to change from original to Bosch ones. Just have to press a button on the top of the wiper and pull it out. Then insert the new ones (the driver side wiper is longer than the other). They click in to place. The Bosch wipers are sturdier, thicker and very quiet. No hopping or juddering.

73572891.jpg

Last edited:
I'll reply to my own question regarding European model of Bosch wiper for cx5 from 2017 to present. It is called Bosch aerotwin 398s a packet containing two front wipers for CX5 second generation. Just ordered the pair for 33 Euros.

Received it today (29th Nov.) and installed it. Dead easy to change from original to Bosch ones. Just have to press a button on the top of the wiper and pull it out. Then insert the new ones (the driver side wiper is longer than the other). They click in to place. The Bosch wipers are sturdier, thicker and very quiet. No hopping or juddering.

attachment.php

View attachment 221797
So this Bosch AeroTwin A 398 S doesnt need an adapter to hook up?

No adapter needed. It just slides in to the arm and clicks in to place!
Thats better than Bosch Envisions wiper blades which are available in the US as Bosch Envisions blades require adapter to hook up the wiper arm of gen-2 CX-5.

That*s better than Bosch Envisions wiper blades which are available in the US as Bosch Envisions blades require adapter to hook up the wiper arm of gen-2 CX-5.

Perhaps the European Mazda has a different design for the wiper arm and it's not that model of blade that's different.

Perhaps the European Mazda has a different design for the wiper arm and it's not that model of blade that's different.

Here are the imprinted numbers on the original Mazda CX- 5 ((European "vision" model from 2017, the new Mazda Cx-5 two) wipers that I took out. look at your, if they are the same than you have the same original wipers.

mazdawiper.jpg

Here are the imprinted numbers on the original Mazda CX- 5 ((European "vision" model from 2017, the new Mazda Cx-5 two) wipers that I took out. look at your, if they are the same than you have the same original wipers.

attachment.php

View attachment 221801
I believe they are the same design between US and Euro.

These are the easiest wipers to remove and re install. Just press that black button and pull them out, take a photo and re insert them . Check the numbers on the photo and post them here. Done! I am just tempting you guys to the definitive answer on the question of USA supplied CX-5 having the same wiper blade as us here or not.Go for it! (2thumbs)

These are the easiest wipers to remove and re install. Just press that black button and pull them out, take a photo and re insert them . Check the numbers on the photo and post them here. Done! I am just tempting you guys to the definitive answer on the question of USA supplied CX-5 having the same wiper blade as us here or not.Go for it! (2thumbs)
Stopped by my Mazda dealer and took a picture of wiper hook-up on a 2019 CX-5. Yep, its the same.

attachment.php

825AAF48-77FF-4E28-B012-C768736E8A81.jpeg

I just sent Bosch an email asking if there is an equivalent product available here in the states.

Back