2017 CX-5 GT...Can't clear the maintenance required indicator

Hi all, I'm relatively new to this forum and I have a problem with my 2017 CX5 GT. The maintenance indicator( yellow wrench) came on for no reason. I've reset all the maintence, oil change, and tire rotation items in the maintenance monitor section of the infotainment system. I also turned all of these off and yet the yellow wrench remains lit. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to disconnect the battery as the car loses sync with the remote start and I have to have it resynced at the dealership.

Hi all, I'm relatively new to this forum and I have a problem with my 2017 CX5 GT. The maintenance indicator( yellow wrench) came on for no reason. I've reset all the maintence, oil change, and tire rotation items in the maintenance monitor section of the infotainment system. I also turned all of these off and yet the yellow wrench remains lit. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to disconnect the battery as the car loses sync with the remote start and I have to have it resynced at the dealership.
Is this the first time for you to see this wrench indicator from your 2017 CX-5? What is the message says with your amber wrench indicator? There’re 3 maintenance schedules in Maintenance Monitor on your infotainment screen. Have you done the rest to all three? You have to do the reset with ignition on, but the engine is NOT running.

You may need PCM update since you have a 2017 CX-5. Based on the TSB there’re 2 separate Flexible OCI remainders. But you only need to do the reset in entertainment screen which will reset both. If yours can’t, you need CMU software update.

Once you reset the flexible oil change schedule, it should display 7,500 miles for gen-2 CX-5, or 100% for gen-1 2016 CX-5. Your reset procedure may have been out of sync between using the trip meter switch to reset the powertrain control module (PCM) and using the infotainment to reset the connectivity master unit (CMU). Check 2 related TSBs for further details and you should go to your Mazda dealer to perform at least the TSB 09-037/18 if necessary.

TSB 01-008/19 - ENGINE OIL FLEXIBLE MAINTENANCE NOTIFICATION DOES NOT WORK

TSB 09-037/18 - OIL MAINTENANCE MONITOR RESET CONCERNS

Last edited:
Back