2017.5 MAZDA6 updates announced

I really hope that sales improve for Mazda in this category. the 6 sedan is being outsold by pieces of utter s***.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/05/usa-midsize-car-sales-stats-by-model-april-2017/

I am very, very sad to see a lot of those names above of the Mazda, especially Chevrolet, which is only doing better right now because of the government's huge cash infusion back in 2009 which got GM back on their feet.

I really hope that sales improve for Mazda in this category. the 6 sedan is being outsold by pieces of utter s***.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/05/usa-midsize-car-sales-stats-by-model-april-2017/

I am very, very sad to see a lot of those names above of the Mazda, especially Chevrolet, which is only doing better right now because of the government's huge cash infusion back in 2009 which got GM back on their feet.

The top 7 in sales are amongst the best reviewed cars in the segment. The only one that doesn't really belong there is the Altima. The saddest thing is the Chrysler 200 above the 6. I do agree that all things considered the 6 should be doing better than it does, which is awful.

I know you hate Chevrolet but they are making decent reliable cars today.

For the Mazda CX-5, they had the 2016.5 model update, and then followed that with the all new 2017 model.

For the Mazda 6, they are now having the 2017.5 model update, does that mean there will be an all new 2018 model???

The top 7 in sales are amongst the best reviewed cars in the segment. The only one that doesn't really belong there is the Altima. The saddest thing is the Chrysler 200 above the 6. I do agree that all things considered the 6 should be doing better than it does, which is awful.

I know you hate Chevrolet but they are making decent reliable cars today.

Theyre only making decent cars now because of Obamas 2billion dollar cash infusion... dude. Imagine what Mazda would do with that money. They would rule whatever market they want with engine design and chassis tuning alone.

The Altima is very outdated and the design looks like its from 2009, but I wont deny that in terms of engine and overall chassis tuning/handling I would pick the Nissan over any of the American or Korean competitors on that list without even flinching. And then theres Mazda, which really should on top of the Nissan let alone all the other s*** and comfortably nestled under Honda and Toyota where they truly belong. But no. Everyone sticks to the established competitors and when Mazda is brought up, the conversation ends quick because Mazda doesnt have enough money (until now) to start building a real name for itself as a luxury brand. So many stupid people including mangochilli complaining about how Mazda isnt giving us fast engines, its because they DONT have the money and, brand image and therefore CLIENTS willing to buy whatever they make. Its simple logic that many on this forum are lacking in.

For the Mazda CX-5, they had the 2016.5 model update, and then followed that with the all new 2017 model.

For the Mazda 6, they are now having the 2017.5 model update, does that mean there will be an all new 2018 model???

The second post in this thread mentioned that the gen 2 chassis and engine will be released in 2019

Theyre only making decent cars now because of Obamas 2billion dollar cash infusion... dude. Imagine what Mazda would do with that money. They would rule whatever market they want with engine design and chassis tuning alone.

Except that 95% of American sedan buyers don't care about either of those.

The Altima is very outdated and the design looks like its from 2009, but I wont deny that in terms of engine and overall chassis tuning/handling I would pick the Nissan over any of the American or Korean competitors on that list without even flinching.

Really? Even in reviews of the 2018 Accord and Camry I'm seeing the 6-year-old Fusion mentioned as one of the top two "driver's cars" in the segment. One basically said if driving enjoyment is your first priority, go get a Fusion or a 6 instead of the 2018 Accord. I rented an Altima a few months ago. Drives like crap.

Except that 95% of American sedan buyers don't care about either of those.

Really? Even in reviews of the 2018 Accord and Camry I'm seeing the 6-year-old Fusion mentioned as one of the top two "driver's cars" in the segment. One basically said if driving enjoyment is your first priority, go get a Fusion or a 6 instead of the 2018 Accord. I rented an Altima a few months ago. Drives like crap.

the ford fusion shares it's chassis and the basics of it's engine with Mazda, so may as well just buy the Mazda...

plus the fusion is styled like garbage.

the ford fusion shares it's chassis and the basics of it's engine with Mazda, so may as well just buy the Mazda...

Here we go again. Everything Ford has now was stolen from Mazda or others. Please provide your source that the CD4 platform was designed by Mazda. I do however agree that people may as just well by the Mazda, but because the powertrain is superior and it looks a little better.

plus the fusion is styled like garbage.

....said no one else ever.

Back