2016 CX-5 Bose Edition Stereo Replacement - Is it possible?

1st, I have replaced Stereo's before. With a little patience and reading the wire manual, it is not that difficult, just takes time.

With that said, I purchased a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX from Curtchfield and purchased their fitting wire harnesses they recommended (Which is the Metra Elec 70-7903 Wiring Harness). I also got the steering wheel controls and some other parts, but that is not important for this thread.

Received stereo and parts, took out factory headunit (super easy) and found that the connections do not fit the Metra 70-7903. The Metra 70-7903 was much too large for this unit (see pictures for details).

Did research on CarID and they offered a different wiring harness (carid (dot) com/metra/aftermarket-radio-wiring-harness-with-oem-plug-mpn-70-7552.html?singleid=4732211&url=79841345). ordered, received, does not fit.

Went to car stereo shop, again, they did their lookup and found Metra 70-7903 but when they looked at the headunit, they confirmed that wire harness will not fit.

Pretty lost at this point. Just looking for anyone who knows how to fire this Headunit connections to any replacement stereo. If it is not possible, then it is not possible and ill return my Pioneer.

I have pictures from my unit and some I got off the internet and other posts.

CX-5 NAVIGATION UNIT.png

Below are the connections I am having issues with.
Left-controls the CANBUS/CAMERA
Right-Controls the Setero (which is the problem child)
IMG_20200303_180521.jpg

Will your Pioneer play nice with the Bose amp or are you going to bypass the amp? Then what about the Bose speakers and their funky impedances?

Well, the first question is, what are you trying to do? the Mazda head unit is not that bad. Mazda USA told me the Blose "tuning" in in the power amp. Better sound will come from a new multi-channel amp and new speakers.

Last edited:
What year is your CX-5? Only the newest ones come with a subwoofer and it's mounted on the spare tire.

If you're wanting to buzz the license plate, I don't know how to help you. I measured my '15 and '16.5 and both OEM systems get down to 40 Hz and have steep low-cut filters below that (built into the Blose amp along with electronic crossovers). They have a large smile shaped response curve (yick) with 6 dB of bass boost between 40 and about 120 Hz (also yick). There is little music below 40 Hz, mostly organ pedal notes. Dub-Step makes no attempt to get that low.

I would like to install an additional subwoofer with an aditional amplifier, I would like you to help me with the stereo connection diagram to install a high to low impedance converter and then an amplifier.

Attachments

• db drive.jpg
    db drive.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 132
I would like to install an additional subwoofer with an aditional amplifier, I would like you to help me with the stereo connection diagram to install a high to low impedance converter and then an amplifier.

I don't know where you're at in your install...It's hard for any of us to assist you without knowing where you're at, what amplifier you have, if your head unit was installed or not, etc. However, I've included a link below that may help you.

I have a 2016 cx5 with bose audio system, currently everything is in its original condition, I will buy a class d amplifier and a pair of 10 "basses that I want to add to the entire original system.

I want to investigate before making a modification or unnecessary purchase.

thanks a lot guys.

I don't know where you're at in your install...It's hard for any of us to assist you without knowing where you're at, what amplifier you have, if your head unit was installed or not, etc. However, I've included a link below that may help you.

Could you help me with the harness diagram of the Bose main unit of Mazda CX5 2016, with that data I could identify where to connect a high to low impedance converter and then an amplifier.

would this be helpful:

or perhaps (note it says Mazda 6 but it is well documented the CX-5 is the same):

both links previously documented here: Mazda_CX5_knowledge_sharing

Back