2016 Infotainment problems

.760 is the latest version I have. It appears that the new CX-9 has another version.

I haven't had any problems with the infotainment system until recently. My FM radio station no longer shows what song is playing or anything else from the station. It's not a big deal, but I got used to it and now miss it. Does anyone know why this might of happened or how to fix it?

One thing I've noticed is that when I enable the HD option on an FM station, the station and song info goes away but I do get the slightly better HD quality and alternate channels for that station. Are you using the HD option? I'm still using the .650 version. I don't know if this has changed on later versions.

When I first got mine(2/16 16.5 CX5), it would freeze(Mazda logo)and reboot by itself about 3-4 times a week. I found out that direct heat makes this happen. I bought a sun shade screen and park away from sun light as much as possible and it hasn't happened since. The USB ports also act up in the heat. Do not use an iPod in this vehicle, for both of mine still have issues. Won't remember previous track when you turn vehicle off and always put songs in ABC order and not playlist order. I have a gen 1 and mini(bought in March) iPod. I've tried a friend's nano and the same thing. The funny thing is both iPod's do the same thing. I had dealer look into it and they don't know what's the issue. I like the vehicle, but it has three annoying flaws. The paint is garbage, infotainment system glitches, and the brakes and rotors.

Missing Nav and Dropped bluetooth

Hi, is this thread still active? I have had my 2016 CX-5 since June. I had the system upgrade done in October after my navigation system suddenly didn't exist anymore (this vehicle is not equipped with a navigation system - uhhh...well it was 2 hours ago!) and my radio and Bluetooth went out completely. In the last week or so, my Bluetooth has been dropping my calls regularly and repeatedly (says that the Bluetooth signal has been lost) and as of this morning, apparently my navigation system has been removed again. Though it was there and working fine an hour before. I have a call into my dealer.

Mine (2016 CX-5 GT) does exactly the same thing. Dealer says it didn't fail for them, so they wont fix it. Thanks for nothing Roger Beasley Mazda Central. They did update the firmware, I'll see if that helps with the dropped BT but the missing nav (when the car is very hot from parked in sun) is obviously a mechanical issue with the module connection. Wish they would just fix it. Why does it have to fail in their shop?!?!?!

Mine (2016 CX-5 GT) does exactly the same thing. Dealer says it didn't fail for them, so they wont fix it. Thanks for nothing Roger Beasley Mazda Central. They did update the firmware, I'll see if that helps with the dropped BT but the missing nav (when the car is very hot from parked in sun) is obviously a mechanical issue with the module connection. Wish they would just fix it. Why does it have to fail in their shop?!?!?!

on the way home I got the same Bluetooth Lost error, so I returned to the dealer. The service advisor took a picture of the car's LCD error message and made a note in their system so when I bring it back, they have reason to fix it. Yay!

on the way home I got the same Bluetooth Lost error, so I returned to the dealer. The service advisor took a picture of the car's LCD error message and made a note in their system so when I bring it back, they have reason to fix it. Yay!

I never get an error but my BT connection to Pandora, Aha, just about anything, constantly drops. I will be enjoying music and then it drops and I am instantly listening to FM radio again. I had the 760 update but it didn't help. In fact, I don't think the 760 update really helped or changed anything overall. I'm kinda bummed that this system is so unstable. Please let us know what the dealership does for you. Mine said they may swap out my infotainment headunit under warranty if the 760 didn't help anything.... I will post my results as well.

Just received my 2015 CX-5 (which seems to be the same as the 2016 US model...) with Bose sound system and NAV 51.00.350. Same problems occur with the system rebooting randomly for no reason. Latest release at this date is apparently 55.00.760 but no one confirms this problem has been solved...

Last edited:

Every car manufacturer requires the tech to actually experience the problem in order to pay for the fix under warranty.

Mileage on 2016.5 CX-5 hits 800km, well over the 100km required for free map updates, but Mazda Toolbox is still saying "No available updates" when I insert the SD card.

Curious enough also checked Naviextras.com portal, signing in with my Mazda Connect account. Under 'Free Updates' it lists 2015 Q2 as the latest North America map release. But we're in 2016 Q3 now! Did I miss something? No new maps for over a year? (May not be a fair comparison, but TomTom has quarterly releases for the NB1 nav on earlier CX-5 MY.)

thx!

I just wanted to pop in and vent my frustration with Mazda Connect on my 2016 CX-5 Touring. I've had the car for approximately 12 months and it has been very frustrating trying to listen to podcasts using Stitcher or just streaming music with Pandora and the app just shuts down. Interesting to read the reboots may be due to heat. But I've just had it when I can't even listen to Pandora for more than a few songs before it crashes and defaults to radio or bluetooth. I checked with the dealer and they told me I was on the latest software version and asked me to call the Bluetooth Hotline. lol. Sad when you need to have a hotline for bluetooth issues.

I get it there are hundreds of phones with bluetooth, but I am using a S7 edge and it still has so many issues with bluetooth apps its sad.

I just wanted to pop in and vent my frustration with Mazda Connect on my 2016 CX-5 Touring. I've had the car for approximately 12 months and it has been very frustrating trying to listen to podcasts using Stitcher or just streaming music with Pandora and the app just shuts down. Interesting to read the reboots may be due to heat. But I've just had it when I can't even listen to Pandora for more than a few songs before it crashes and defaults to radio or bluetooth. I checked with the dealer and they told me I was on the latest software version and asked me to call the Bluetooth Hotline. lol. Sad when you need to have a hotline for bluetooth issues.

I get it there are hundreds of phones with bluetooth, but I am using a S7 edge and it still has so many issues with bluetooth apps its sad.
That's disappointing to hear. I was hoping my Pandora problems were related to me using a IPhone. Funny thing is I only have issues with Pandora. Aha and Sticher work perfectly, never a dropped connection in those two apps. My work a round for Pandora. Open the Pandora app, select the station I want then switch to IPhone BT. Works perfectly

Got an oil change last week and asked them to also update the Infotainment system since it was a little quirky. Kind of wish I didn't. Now I can't delete any stations. Sometimes the delete button is grayed out and when it's not grayed out it still won't delete anything. Also, this bugs me more, the button to scroll on the steering wheel scrolls through all your favorites and not just whatever format (XM, FM, AM) you pick. I really only listen to XM radio and now have to scroll through the other AM and FM stations sucks. Also, if you don't have them all lined up nice and neat in your favorites then it will skip back and forth through the formats.

Hmmm. I updated to 59.00.442 and have no problem deleting stations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an oil change last week and asked them to also update the Infotainment system since it was a little quirky. Kind of wish I didn't. Now I can't delete any stations. Sometimes the delete button is grayed out and when it's not grayed out it still won't delete anything. Also, this bugs me more, the button to scroll on the steering wheel scrolls through all your favorites and not just whatever format (XM, FM, AM) you pick. I really only listen to XM radio and now have to scroll through the other AM and FM stations sucks. Also, if you don't have them all lined up nice and neat in your favorites then it will skip back and forth through the formats.
I had to factory reset after my update, then it all started working again.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, just bought a 2016 CX-9 2 weeks ago. It did not have the Navigation option, and the sales guy offered to get me the SD Card for *only* $360, I passed.
So I saw an OEM latest version Nav SD Card on eBay for only $100 so I snatched it up. I plugged it into my card slot with the car off. Then started my car and selected Navigation and got the message "your vehicle is not equipped with Navigation". I also tried downloading the Mazda Toolbox to see if there were updates but it says I need to drive the car for 100km first before I can download any updates. The SD Card I got looks legit, the sticker on it looks like Mazda OEM. SO is there something else I need to do to get this thing to work? Or are there a bunch of fake Navigation cards for sale on eBay? The seller has almost perfect feedback so I doubt he's a crook and I'm sure I can get my money back if I want, so I suspect there's something else you guys might be able to tell me that I can do to get this thing to work.
My car does not have Sirius/XM radio but it should still have GPS without having a satellite receiver, right? Is there other hardware I need to install?
Thanks!

I had the problem with stuff being grayed out as you described, and turns out it was because I was trying to make changes while driving. When I got home and started messing with it while in my driveway, it wasn't grayed out anymore. See if that is the same for you.

Hi guys, just bought a 2016 CX-9 2 weeks ago. It did not have the Navigation option, and the sales guy offered to get me the SD Card for *only* $360, I passed.
So I saw an OEM latest version Nav SD Card on eBay for only $100 so I snatched it up. I plugged it into my card slot with the car off. Then started my car and selected Navigation and got the message "your vehicle is not equipped with Navigation". I also tried downloading the Mazda Toolbox to see if there were updates but it says I need to drive the car for 100km first before I can download any updates. The SD Card I got looks legit, the sticker on it looks like Mazda OEM. SO is there something else I need to do to get this thing to work? Or are there a bunch of fake Navigation cards for sale on eBay? The seller has almost perfect feedback so I doubt he's a crook and I'm sure I can get my money back if I want, so I suspect there's something else you guys might be able to tell me that I can do to get this thing to work.
My car does not have Sirius/XM radio but it should still have GPS without having a satellite receiver, right? Is there other hardware I need to install?
Thanks!

$100 is very cheap, I would be skeptical. What kind of packaging did it come in? It's possible it was removed from another vehicle - since the cards marry themselves to a vehicle after driving some miles, they become useless in other cars.

$100 is very cheap, I would be skeptical. What kind of packaging did it come in? It's possible it was removed from another vehicle - since the cards marry themselves to a vehicle after driving some miles, they become useless in other cars.

It was just in one of those clear hard plastic SD card cases, which was in turn in a small ziplock bag. I have sent a message to the eBay seller and am awaiting their response. It may very well be like you say and was removed from another vehicle. If so I'll at least get my $100 back. Thanks for the response.

It was just in one of those clear hard plastic SD card cases, which was in turn in a small ziplock bag. I have sent a message to the eBay seller and am awaiting their response. It may very well be like you say and was removed from another vehicle. If so I'll at least get my $100 back. Thanks for the response.

It's possible your seller was also the victim of fraud. Edmunds actually just showed the process of adding the nav card in a miata (same system). http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mx-5-m.../2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-no-nav-no-problem.html

You can see what you get with the official package: A manual, some packaging...

Back