2016 CX-9 Wiper Blade Connector

I am also nearing needing new blades. As TheMAN pointed out, Mazda sells the inserts - looks like part numbers TK4867333 and TK7867333. For about $6 apiece, I'm willing to go that route.

I’m going to try this as well. If it works out, it’s pretty cost effective. Tacking it on to a cabin air filter part order to save on shipping.

It's been 3 model years now for the 2nd gen CX-9 has anyone been able to locate after market compatible direct replacements?

Here's what Trico calls the connector: TRICO-Wiper-Arm-PushButtonFZ

TRICO-Wiper-Arm-PushButtonFZ.png

TRICO Exact Fit

24" Blade - Driver Side Part #: 24-17B
[OE Design]
18" Blade - Passenger Side Part #: 18-17B
[OE Design]
14" Blade - Rear Part #: 14-A

I think these can also be found in NAPA auto parts stores with their label on them. I think other wiper makers will have blades with this connector available. By the way, our 2017 Toyota uses the same connector (different length blades), so there will be more market effort for this connector.

Last edited:
Just dropped back here to this forum so look for anything new on this. Glad to see my suggestion worked. I'm still on my original blades and still waiting for after-markets to be made available by 3rd party vendors.

Solution for CX9 Wiper Blade fiasco

According to the Bosch website, the ICON winter blades in the appropriate sizes are NOT compatible with the 2016 CX-9. No explanation is given.

Additionally, neither Trico nor Anco list front wiper blades for the CX-9. Anco lists only one for the rear.

Bosch makes a higher grade (read: more expensive) line called the Evolution. They look the same as the Icon line but it has the correct adapter needed to fit that screwy attachment on the arm. The problem is cost: 24" is $28.99 and the 17" is $24.99. I didn't bother with the rear blade yet...

Also, you can by just the rubber inserts from Mazda parts but I haven't figured out how to get the end cap off of the blades arm to slide out the old and insert the new one.

I think you just pull the end cap off. Pull hard.

Trico does make blades that fit our cars: 24-17B & 18-17B.

Do not pull the end caps off for the Mazda blades. Compress the blades lengthwise until you get the end of the old blade to a slot in the retaining strip. Pull the blade out through that slot, insert the new one and you are done.

2016 cx9 windshield wiper blades

bought wiper blade replacement inserts from dealer for about $15 to $20 dollars vs new blades for around $60. could not find after market blades.

NAPA Auto Parts (made by Trico):
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/TRI6024FZ $18
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/TRI6018FZ $17

TRICO Exact Fit
24" Blade - Driver Side Part #: 24-17B
[OE Design]
18" Blade - Passenger Side Part #: 18-17B
[OE Design]
14" Blade - Rear Part #: 14-A
http://tricoproducts.com/Drivers/FindYourWiperSize

I had a hard time finding compatable wiper set locally or online in Canada. Stumbled on to the NAPA ones and got them installed today. They seem to work pretty good.

Definitely an issue in Arizona, we've had the car two years and blades lasted barely that long. Not a single auto parts had the right info for the 2016. Had to order on Amazon twice.

Some of the wiper makers' web sites list the 2016 CX-9 wipers with 2015 data. Anco, Rain-X, and Bosch list rears only. Michelin lists the 2015 as for the 2016. Trico/NAPA seems to be the only aftermarket blades so far.

I just installed new Mazda inserts in the wiper blades. It only took a couple of minutes.

Lift the wiper arm. Press the square push button on the arm connector and release the blade from the arm. Pull it off.

The plastic knob thing on each end of the blade has a space on the bottom. Pull the rubber insert back (compress it into itself) until the end of the insert clears that space, then slide the insert off through that space. (It's easier to do than to describe.) Slide the new insert back into that space and into place. Click the blade into the arm, lower the arm. Done!

The Mazda part numbers are TK7867333 & TK4867333. Most the on line dealers want too much for shipping, but one on ebay was reasonable. $20 for both, delivered. There is no dealer convenient for me to drive to.

Just dropped back here to this forum so look for anything new on this. Glad to see my suggestion worked. I'm still on my original blades and still waiting for after-markets to be made available by 3rd party vendors.

I looked again here in Canada, nothing. The dealer had the blade refills, $8 EA CDN.
Took all of 2 minutes to install, so I'm happy.

Back