2016 CX-9 GT AWD Next set of replacement tires?

i would guess the m+s would be noisier due to the more aggressive tread....and of course better for snow, mud traction, and a compound better suited for colder temps....harsher winter areas.
I live in nc so the Winters are mild, but do have occasional freezing temps and a little snow/ice...roads are cleared well.

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016
Michelin defender ltx m+s or premier DT?
Two quite different tires. First---LTX is Michelin's line of cars for SUVs & light trucks. I think they will have a stiffer sidewall to better handle the weight, and weight distribution of these vehicles. There might be other differences. We do want the line of tires designed for SUV & CUV vehicles--Michelin LTX, Bridgestone Dueler, Cooper Discoverer, and not all manufacturers so-specify a line for our SUV/CUVs. I think DT is a custom label for the Discount Tire chain, just as Costco has a custom label for some of their Michelin tires. M+S (mud & snow) indicates that the tire tread meets a geometric spec of the Rubber Manufacturers Association, the tire makers' industry group. I think every all-season tire has the M+S label, even some with very close tread gaps. https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/equipment/what-does-ms-mean

Defender is a line of all season tires designed for long tread life. The tread warranty is 70,000 miles. Premier is a line of all season tires designed for very high wet traction. The tread life warranty is 60,000 miles. Of the 3 main factors, tread life, traction, low rolling resistance, to increase one factor then one or two of the others must be reduced.

So, of the Michelin brand, if I want longest tread life, I'd get the Defender LTX. Actually best wet traction is most important to me, so I'd get the Premier LTX. If one of these is from a retailer with a custom label, that's OK to me.

Two quite different tires. First---LTX is Michelin's line of cars for SUVs & light trucks. I think they will have a stiffer sidewall to better handle the weight, and weight distribution of these vehicles. There might be other differences. We do want the line of tires designed for SUV & CUV vehicles--Michelin LTX, Bridgestone Dueler, Cooper Discoverer, and not all manufacturers so-specify a line for our SUV/CUVs. I think DT is a custom label for the Discount Tire chain, just as Costco has a custom label for some of their Michelin tires. M+S (mud & snow) indicates that the tire tread meets a geometric spec of the Rubber Manufacturers Association, the tire makers' industry group. I think every all-season tire has the M+S label, even some with very close tread gaps. https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/equipment/what-does-ms-mean

Defender is a line of all season tires designed for long tread life. The tread warranty is 70,000 miles. Premier is a line of all season tires designed for very high wet traction. The tread life warranty is 60,000 miles. Of the 3 main factors, tread life, traction, low rolling resistance, to increase one factor then one or two of the others must be reduced.

So, of the Michelin brand, if I want longest tread life, I'd get the Defender LTX. Actually best wet traction is most important to me, so I'd get the Premier LTX. If one of these is from a retailer with a custom label, that's OK to me.
Important to note that the M+S rating is only for mild winter conditions. The 3PMSF (3 peak mountain snowflake) is for severe snow service. This includes freezing roads and slippery, snowy roads. Personally, I look for 3PMSF tires for all my vehicles. I don’t want the hassle of having two sets of tires for the different seasons. We also end up on road trips over mountain passes since we live on the East Coast and both our families live on the West Coast. Not having to stop to chain up for every pass is so nice

Michelin Premier LTX DT is what i have on my cx9 and yes the dt would be a discount tire version. 60,000 mile warranty.

Michelin Premier LTX DT is what i have on my cx9 and yes the dt would be a discount tire version. 60,000 mile warranty.
The DT stands for Different Tread. They changed the tread compound last year to achieve better mileage on the tires. Prior to that some were only getting 20,000 miles out of the tires so they had to change the compound. Now they supposedly last much longer.

The DT stands for Different Tread. They changed the tread compound last year to achieve better mileage on the tires. Prior to that some were only getting 20,000 miles out of the tires so they had to change the compound. Now they supposedly last much longer.
Thanks for the correction. I know my previous Yokohamas were a special discount tire model and i assumed incorrectly on the Premeir LTX "DT"s(how long does a tire name have to be? lol) Great tire for the cx9.

So, went to discount tire and they hooked me up with 4 newly released Goodyear assurance comfortdrive tires, giving me credit for my almost new Bridgestone ecopia 422 tires and with 3 year replacement certs, installation and additional Goodyear rebate, it’s only going to cost me $300 net to swap. They had to order them but come in a day. I can't believe those garbage Bridgestones were put on by Mazda. I'll post my review for others soon!

Update: Tires installed and initial impression is quiet, and car handles like on rails. These tires are also XL rated and that makes them have a stiffer sidewall and load carrying capacity which makes it feel a bit harder and stiffer over bumps than stock tires but you get much better handling and responsiveness. Tread depth is 11/32 new and has a really nice rim guard built in. Highway manners are smooth and straight. Minimal noise depending on pavement type. Wet, dry traction should be way way better and also these are M+S rated. Very good looking tires as well. Will take some pics and post soon!