2016 CX-9 GT AWD Next set of replacement tires?

I just wonder if the ride gets rougher as the tread wears irrespective of tire brand?

Absolutely--however, some brand tires wear more gracefully than others. Also, as the rubber ages and dries out, it gets increasingly hard and loses some of its pliability which increases noise, affects handling and traction.

Tim

Anyone have any comment on new yokohama or new continental terrain contact tires? Also considering bridgestone dueler alenza plus. Need to replace 2 tires that got punctured with screws on the shoulder tread and non repairable. Instead of wasting money on 2 new ecopias that came factory and are crappy anyway, I'll just replace them all with a real tire.

Anyone have any comment on new yokohama or new continental terrain contact tires? Also considering bridgestone dueler alenza plus. Need to replace 2 tires that got punctured with screws on the shoulder tread and non repairable. Instead of wasting money on 2 new ecopias that came factory and are crappy anyway, I'll just replace them all with a real tire.
I didn't see any of those tires mentioned in this thread, but FWIW there are a number of other recommendations with feedback here. Is there something specific about the 2 you mentioned that are drawing you to them in particular? Just curious.

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
I can’t believe you got 50.5k out of the Falkens. Mine were junk before 30k. I did the same Michelins and have no complaints at 63k. I’ll need new tires before winter, but I’m ok with it.
Yes as a matter for fact I did and tbh, with technology improving everyday, I wouldn't expect anything less.
However, I was also told I could still continue using those tires for another 2-3k miles. But since I have a road trip coming up in few weeks and Costco running sale, I decided to go for it.

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Not sure about Yokohama or Continental, but Bridgestone Dueler Alanza Plus was one of my top two choices. Given the consistent less than satisfactory reviews of Ecopias (on this forum and Tirerack.com), I'd rather replace all four and get new set. And I do not even know why Costco carries Bridgestone Ecopias given they are not the most loved tires and has consistent bad reviews.

Not sure how many miles you have on those tires, but if you replaced only two, you re looking at constantly having mix and match tires for the rest of the time you own the car because you'd now end up replacing only two most worn tires every time-going forward.

Not sure about Yokohama or Continental, but Bridgestone Dueler Alanza Plus was one of my top two choices. Given the consistent less than satisfactory reviews of Ecopias (on this forum and Tirerack.com), I'd rather replace all four and get new set. And I do not even know why Costco carries Bridgestone Ecopias given they are not the most loved tires and has consistent bad reviews.

Not sure how many miles you have on those tires, but if you replaced only two, you re looking at constantly having mix and match tires for the rest of the time you own the car because you'd now end up replacing only two most worn tires every time-going forward.
Hey thank you for the reply. I would be replacing all 4 tires since I have no interest in wasting money replacing the punctured tired with the same lame tire. I've only got 4,500 miles on them! If this didn't happen, I'd normally just ride them until about 20k miles and then change out all 4. I despise subpar tires that compromise safety and piece of mind. The ecopias do say made in Japan on them though which In thought was rare to see and initially led me to believe they were good tires.

@Tinjimnj. I'm interested in the other brands because they are the newest gen tires with seemingly good reviews at a little lower cost that are supposed to rival Michelin and last longer and be quieter while giving excellent 4 season traction, especially in colder weather with light snow. The Continental LX25's get raving reviews but not available in this size. The Michelin Defender LTX M+S are top rated but very expensive.

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016
What are you looking for in tires? Michelin Defender are very good tires with long tread life. To get that they must give up some traction and/or low-rolling resistance. There is no perfect tire, but there are some that are best suited for your needs. In general I like to look at the newest tires from any of the major tire makers. The manufacturers are continually improving the rubber compounds, the tire casing, and the tread patterns. They tend to leap-frog each other; Michelin's newest are great until next year when Continental's best come out, then some other make the next year. Then Michelin might be ready with their newest and best.

If you car takes the 20" tires, here are some tires and their attributes (if you have 18" tires, re-do the report for your size) (those Pirellis look interesting):
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=CSTAS&width=255/&ratio=50&diameter=20&tireSearch=true&filter=y

Bridgestone makes some fine tires. That said, I've never liked any of the Bridgestone original equipment tires I've had on new vehicles.

Last edited: