2016 CX-5 2.2L Diesel P2150 error

Hello.

I am having trouble with my 2016 2.2L Diesel CX-5. I bought it at an auction recently and was told that someone put petrol instead of disel on it and after that these problem occured. (Even though I find it difficult to believe that.)

I get an error P2150 - Com2 ground short - Ground short upstream of cylinders no. 2, 3 injector circuit. Injectors 2 & 3 are not working and don´t get any signal from the PCM

We´ve spent over 20hours checking all the electricity in the engine bay, everything seems good, I ´ve changed the PCM as well as the injectors but still the same. Only firing up on cyl 1 & 4. Compression in the engine is good and all fuses are good.

So far nothing seems to be wrong even though something is clearly wrong.

Is anybody out there that might have the slightest clue about what could be wrong.

Misfuelling does happen unfortunately. It depends if the car was run with the petrol in it or not. If the fuel tank had been drained immediately after the incident then any damage would be minimal. Diesel fuel acts as a lubricant for the close tolerance fuel injection system and other moving parts involving the fuel system whereas petrol would strip away the lubrication and in a worse case scenario cause a fire. I suspect the complete fuel system and injectors will have to be replaced. There may also be some valve and head damage as the petrol may have caused detonation damage to the valves and cylinders. I'm sorry, but I'm surprised you bought a misfuelled car at an auction especially after having been told about it. I'm hoping you weren't told until after you bought it. It's a case of buyer beware unfortunately. I don't know anything about electrics so can't help.

I knew about it. But the injectors, fuel pump, high pressure pump and the engine are good. It ran with petrol and was diagnosed with bad injectors. I changed the injectors but they were not the problem it seems.

I knew about it. But the injectors, fuel pump, high pressure pump and the engine are good. It ran with petrol and was diagnosed with bad injectors. I changed the injectors but they were not the problem it seems.

Ah. I see. I'm sorry I can't be of further help. I'm sure someone will be along soon. :)

You should try and find a copy of the workshop manual online.. it lists all DTC and their causes/troubleshooting. It's quite possible that is a straight wiring or module issue. I have the WS manual but mine does not cover diesel.

You should try and find a copy of the workshop manual online.. it lists all DTC and their causes/troubleshooting. It's quite possible that is a straight wiring or module issue. I have the WS manual but mine does not cover diesel.
DTC in manual says injector 2 and 3 circuit input low. COM2 short to ground.

But we have neasured all wires according to the diagram we have of the car and they all checked out good. So there is something else causing the error.

Hello , did any one ever find the cause of this fault , have the same problem and done the same tests but cant find the fault
Unfortunately the OP had never responded with his resolution. And the 2.2L diesel has never been available in the US other than the 2019 MY CX-5. Not many people are familiar with this problem related to the diesel. I guess a Mazda dealer in your area may be the last resort but that would be $$$$$.

Back