2016 CX-5 Fog Light Trim

rlallos

:
2016 CX-5 GT - No Tech
I've searched ebay, google and this forum trying to find a chrome trim for the '16 CX-5. No joy. Every search turns up the chrome trim for the 2015 and earlier years. Does anyone know where to find the trim for the 2016 w/o LEDs?

Fog ligh trim

I've searched ebay, google and this forum trying to find a chrome trim for the '16 CX-5. No joy. Every search turns up the chrome trim for the 2015 and earlier years. Does anyone know where to find the trim for the 2016 w/o LEDs?[/QUO

You need to go look at a 2015 and your 16. Bet the same.

Nope

I've searched ebay, google and this forum trying to find a chrome trim for the '16 CX-5. No joy. Every search turns up the chrome trim for the 2015 and earlier years. Does anyone know where to find the trim for the 2016 w/o LEDs?[/QUO

You need to go look at a 2015 and your 16. Bet the same.

Unfortunately, they're not the same. I know because I bought the '15 trim (was told they fit). I should have looked more closely. The '16 has the two cross pieces. If I can remove the 2 cross pieces, I think the '15s might fit.

The trim is different, which is what makes the font end of the a 16' different from a 15'. The fog fog lights from a 15' will fit, but it will have the honey comb insert which doesn't match. I have yet to find anyone to offere a fog light kit for the 16's or even the trim, the dealer wants around $450 for a kit or $70 a piece for the inserts.

I purchased simple chromed plastic trim pieces (the horizontal bars) for my 2016 GT from eBay and indeed the part didn't fit my car. The seller actually caught this first and refunded my money. His eBay ad indicated it would fit the 2016, but apparently not (or more likely that the fog bezel is different between China and the US market). I just wanted something to slightly jazz up the rather (IMHO) plastic-y looking fog bezels.

I actually am quite fond of the KenStyle fog light trim (just the outer piece), but I haven't really researched yet if it will fit around the US spec fogs and whether or not the KenStyle fog bezel is required. It is also ridiculously expensive...(sad1)

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/suzukimotors/cabinet/img8390/zcdx020.jpg?_ex=60x60 (can't find a better photo of the 2016 version)

This is what I had ordered which didn't fit:

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/visa1984/CX-5_2016_front_Fog6.jpg

OK took a couple of pics. How do I upload them?
Click: Reply + Go Advanced + Paperclip Icon + Add Files + Choose Existing (then select photo(s) you want to upload) + Upload. Place check mark in photos you want to post - then click 'Done'. Then post your reply.

Also included the rear trim. Thanks to Tango2014 for the upload assistance.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Back