2016.5 Cargo Cover

I'm buying a 2016.5 CX-5 and need to get a cargo cover. Is the OEM worth it or have folks been happy with a third party version at about 1/3rd the cost of OEM? If so, any recommendations? I don't need the mesh section on the OEM, which most third party versions seem to omit.

Also, are the clips on the lift gate standard? I haven't seen the car yet so I'm not sure. Can the cargo cover also be used like most other types, rolled out but not attached to the lift gate? I don't see any indentations for it so I'm guessing not. I have seen various vendor pics showing it rolled out and not attached, which is confusing.

Thanks!

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Yep 3rd party solutions for the cargo cover work just fine.

Clips on the lift gate are standard.
Cannot be used like most other types - the cover "lifts" up using the lift gate as an attachment point.

recommendations? sorry I have a GEN2 but they are all basically the same.

There was a brief conversation about build quality here:

but that seems to be a limited experience. I am using aftermarket / chinese direct shipment for my vehicle and 10 months in with heavy use no problems.

I'd say:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D267RSQ/

check the warehouse it is 50.00 hard to beat that!

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
It's a cargo cover, not engine mounts. The reviews for that $80 one on Amazon are fine, I don't need OEM for something like that

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
It's a cargo cover, not engine mounts. The reviews for that $80 one on Amazon are fine, I don't need OEM for something like that
Just trying to show an OEM cargo cover is not 3 times more expensive than a third party version like OP implied.

Thanks everyone for the cargo cover advice. I ended up getting an OEM one from someone selling a used one in great shape on ebay for $100.

I also just got the OEM cargo liner from another ebay seller, also in great shape. The liner looks like a genius accessory, much better than a lousy foam liner I had in a VW Passat wagon that only covered half the bed when the seats were down. Also, it warped. And then the stupid blue tarp I bought at Home Depot, always folding, unfolding, cramming in the spare tire space. No more...