2015 Mazda5 Minivan Drops Manual Transmission For the Final Model Year

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
For the 2015 model year, the one and only purpose-built Mazda family hauler has been overhauled, but dont expect any miracles. By overhauled we mean that the Japanese manufacturer cut down on some available options for the small minivan, chief among which is the elimination of the six-speed manual.

Slated to cease production sometime in 2015 over too sluggish sales volumes, Mazda declared that its SUV range and crossovers are perfect for the family hauling business due to their fair levels of accommodation and their increasing popularity and demand in the U S of America. What brings 2015 for the last hurrah of the Mazda5 multi activity vehicle?

In terms of exterior styling and cabin design, theres not much to differentiate the 2014 model year update from a perked-up 2015 Mazda5. For the Sport trim level, a customer needs to source $21,240, while the mid-range Touring goes for $22,370. As for the Grand Touring model, that one is $24,770.

This being a people carrier, one optional extra you might consider to tick from the options list is the headrest DVD entertainment system, to keep the little ones in check on those long journeys to grandma. A 2.5-liter engine with 157 hp and 163 lb-ft drives the front wheels via an old five-speed automatic.

All three specifications come as standard with auto climate control, keyless entry, power windows, a couple of 12-volt power outlets, an MP3 and SiriusXM-compatible audio system, as well as seating for six. Last but not least, the Mazda5 is rated 21 mpg city (11.2 l/100 km) and 28 mpg highway (8.4 l/100 km).

[AutoEvolution]

Noooo... oh well, get a 2014 if Manual Transmission is your thing

A sad end to our beloved "little" van. I am looking at the CX-3 for the wife to replace her accursed 2011 Forester though so i guess i fit the "gimme a crossover" demographic.

That was my take on it as well. Im hoping that it drives "like a Mazda" and can be had with a stick and AWD.

Slated to cease production sometime in 2015 over too sluggish sales volumes, Mazda declared that its SUV range and crossovers are perfect for the family hauling business due to their fair levels of accommodation and their increasing popularity and demand in the U S of America. What brings 2015 for the last hurrah of the Mazda5 multi activity vehicle?AutoEvolution[/URL]]

I must've missed this, are they really discontinuing? I've been wondering why the SKYACTIV kit hasn't found it's way into the 5, so is this confirmed, no more Mazda5 after model year 2015?
There's really nothing else that seats 6 in a pinch and gets this kind of MPG. Unless they add a 3rd row to the CX-5, kinda like what Toyota did in the RAV for a few years.

Wow, super bummer.

I was at the dealer a few weeks ago and asked the Sales Manager and he said there will be a redesign coming soon. I am hoping there is a new one! Want to trade my CX-5 in for one when we have our 2nd kid. Dont want a huge minivan! haha

Back