2015 CX-5 won't start and multiple errors...Help!

Hi,

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 which is giving us some trouble. It was purchased used in Nov 2018 and is out of warranty.

When my wife was driving it home last tuesday evening the car lost all power and displayed multiple error messages simultaneously.

She thinks they included keyless entry system malfunction, dpf malfuntion and scbs system malfunction. The car refused to start although other electrical systems, radio, ac, bluetooth continued to function properly.

The car was towed to our local independent garage, who we have used for the last 15 years. it has been there for the last week and they are currently unable to find the fault.

The car hadn’t displayed any issues in the run up, and had a service at our garage in November 2020 with oil, air and fuel filters replaced and 2 new rear shock absorbers installed.

Any suggestions gratefully received, our next stop is to take it to the mazda dealership.

Thanks.

I think the suggestion was to check the battery connections.
Since the errors show up while driving, the connectors could go loose while driving.
Could also be the 12V is too old. Time to replace it?

Low 12V could trigger lots of lamps in your dash.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 which is giving us some trouble. It was purchased used in Nov 2018 and is out of warranty.

When my wife was driving it home last tuesday evening the car lost all power and displayed multiple error messages simultaneously.

She thinks they included keyless entry system malfunction, dpf malfuntion and scbs system malfunction. The car refused to start although other electrical systems, radio, ac, bluetooth continued to function properly.

The car was towed to our local independent garage, who we have used for the last 15 years. it has been there for the last week and they are currently unable to find the fault.

The car hadn’t displayed any issues in the run up, and had a service at our garage in November 2020 with oil, air and fuel filters replaced and 2 new rear shock absorbers installed.

Any suggestions gratefully received, our next stop is to take it to the mazda dealership.

Thanks.

Your CX is a diesel right?

Upvote 0
Oh oh.
If OP has a diesel engine, then it could be the blown gasket issue...
Do you see coolant splash under the hood?

Upvote 0
Update.

My local garage were unable to help and were of the opinion that the issue was related to the imobilizer. The car was taken to our local Mazda dealership For further diagnosis.

The car with The mazda dealership for a couple of days and they have diagnosed that there is so much carbon buildup in the engine that their is no compression and the engine ceased to function.

The cost for the engine to be stripped, cleaned and replacement gasket, seals, cylinder head and then rebuilt is staggering.

It has about 65,000 miles on it and displayed no issues prior to the car ceasing to function. It drives about 50 miles a day Mon - Fri, gets regularly serviced and well looked after and I’m very disappointed to be honest.

Upvote 0
Why not just clean the carbon deposit? Was the engine damaged because of that?

Yes, diesel Mazda tends to have severe carbon buildup. It is likely needed for every 50K Km.

You can find pictures on google how it looks like...Massive deposits.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem with my Cx5, with scbs malfunction, traction control, tyre pressure and hand brake errors all at the same time. It was happening everytime I started the car or within a minute or two of driving. It threw the engine light on every now and then with a throttle position code.

I decided to put a carbon cleaner in the fuel tank with a full tank of diesel. After going through the entire tank.. Magic! It seemed to have sorted it!

Cx5s clog like mad with carbon. Just stick a 10 quid bottle of cleaner in the fuel and it may help. Worth a try! Worked for me.

Upvote 0
Back