2014 CX5 Tune-Up items to replace?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
lol it's RTV, it's not like it suddenly spoils on a particular date. It's fine. I've used Permatex sealant that I've had sitting around in the garage for many years, never been a problem.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
lol it's RTV, it's not like it suddenly spoils on a particular date. It's fine. I've used Permatex sealant that I've had sitting around in the garage for many years, never been a problem.
Yes, I agree. That just speaks how long your OEM RTV had been sitting on the shelf at your Mazda dealer. In any events when I’m getting the OEM RTV for my ATF pan, I’d pay some attention to the expiration date making sure the one I get hasn’t been expired yet. ;)

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I've never even heard of an expiration date on RTV until you mentioned it on my tube of OEM sealant. None of my Permatex tubes have any dates on them. Neither does the tube of black RTV that came with my Fel-Pro oil pan seals for my Miata.

:
GA prior 16 CX5 GT
:
20 CX5 GT + Prem
They are putting an expire date on a lot of things now so people will throw them away and replace them. Actually, I think I may be passed my expire date...