2014 CX5 Blinker issues

Hi All, hope I can get some direction. I replaced my battery and thought I had done it properly but I guess I missed something. All of my electronics function with the exception of all of the blinkers. The stalk when moved up or down will show the flashing lights, but they flash at a high speed. When I turn on the hazard lights they blink slowly and the lights in the front, back and on the mirrors blink.

I have checked all of the fuses under the hood and under the steering column visually and with a tester and they all seem good. Reading up on next steps, I am confused if there is a specific relay for the lights or if this is controlled by the FBCM. Is this something I can check? If I can find the relay I am happy to try and replace it.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Hi All, hope I can get some direction. I replaced my battery and thought I had done it properly but I guess I missed something. All of my electronics function with the exception of all of the blinkers. The stalk when moved up or down will show the flashing lights, but they flash at a high speed. When I turn on the hazard lights they blink slowly and the lights in the front, back and on the mirrors blink.

I have checked all of the fuses under the hood and under the steering column visually and with a tester and they all seem good. Reading up on next steps, I am confused if there is a specific relay for the lights or if this is controlled by the FBCM. Is this something I can check? If I can find the relay I am happy to try and replace it.

Appreciate any thoughts.
What kind of battery did you put in? Can you start the engine ok? Does everything seem find other than turn signals and hazards?

I believe it was a duralast gold, I'll go check, based on my searching it should have worked for my vehicle. Everything else works, starts perfectly and drives fine. Heat works, but I have yet to test AC. Wipers, usb, and other accessories seem to work.

Back