2013 Mazda CX-5 navigation

We recently purchased a used 2013 Mazda CX-5 for our HS daughter. It didn’t come with a navigation card, at the time the dealer said they must have replaced it and they would locate it and mail it. 3 months later, they now say they lost it. We tried to order one on eBay which said it worked for all years. It is the bhp1 66ez1L and it doesn’t work. Does anyone have any recommendations for what we should do to get navigation working in her car? Thanks.

The card ending in "L" is the latest one, targeted at 2020's. That suffix letter changes with each new release. If you can't get the dealer to make good, return the card you bought and buy an earlier version (at some point it's not worth the fight when you can buy a card for peanuts). Best to check with other owners of that gen here to find out which card-suffix is working for them.

The 2013 is the Tom Tom unit and different from 2016 and up. I would try junk yards.

We recently purchased a used 2013 Mazda CX-5 for our HS daughter. It didn’t come with a navigation card, at the time the dealer said they must have replaced it and they would locate it and mail it. 3 months later, they now say they lost it. We tried to order one on eBay which said it worked for all years. It is the bhp1 66ez1L and it doesn’t work. Does anyone have any recommendations for what we should do to get navigation working in her car? Thanks.
GAXIBM is correct. Your 2013 CX-5 has TomTom Navigation system and you need this SD card with part number KD37-66-EZ1, which is available on eBay:

C2B76EE6-F617-4489-96BC-15BF0B696E7F.jpeg

But you don’t want to get a TomTom SD card from a salvage yard as once the SD card been used, it’s dedicated to that particular vehicle with VIN number been written back to the SD card. Make sure to get a brand new one, unless your Mazda dealer somehow found the original one which is highly unlikely.

Your BHP1-66-EZ1L is for 2016 CX-5 and newer which is mapped by here. Some earlier SD card such as the one on my 2016 CX-5 is mapped by Navteq with part number BHP1-66-EZ1E.

B736CE44-B5A9-4095-A1F0-ECA7C50E09DE.jpeg

A9018846-8260-4A08-BD37-4674B84276CB.jpeg

Howdy! Quick question. If the SD card is dedicated to the vehicle are the ones being sold on ebay changed in such a way that they can go into a different vehicle. I just bought a '14 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Bose audio system and the Nav card is missing. Thanks!

Howdy! Quick question. If the SD card is dedicated to the vehicle are the ones being sold on ebay changed in such a way that they can go into a different vehicle. I just bought a '14 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Bose audio system and the Nav card is missing. Thanks!
I believe those nav SD cards selling on the eBay mostly are “new”. Don’t buy any SD card if it says “used”.

And you need to get an SD card mapped only by TomTom for 2014 CX-5. See post #5 above.

Thanks so much. It appears that all of these on ebay say, "pre-owned". I have no idea what they're actually saying. I've sent a message to one of the sellers inquiring about them. I'll post back when I hear back from them.

Thanks so much. It appears that all of these on ebay say, "pre-owned". I have no idea what they're actually saying. I've sent a message to one of the sellers inquiring about them. I'll post back when I hear back from them.
I bought a Mazda SD card from eBay for my 2018 Toyota Yaris iA (Mazda2 in disguise). At the time they all say “new” or at least “work as new”. Those sellers know a used SD nav card won’t work for different cars, and they don’t want the hassle of return product under eBay policy, when the buyer found out the SD card won’t work.

Yeah, when in doubt, ask the seller.

I got a reply back from the seller and he said that the 2016 and above are, indeed, locked to the car, but below that they aren't. He said that he hasn't had many returns and when he got them back they actually did work.

I got a reply back from the seller and he said that the 2016 and above are, indeed, locked to the car, but below that they aren't. He said that he hasn't had many returns and when he got them back they actually did work.
I guess you can give it a try. If you receive the SD card and it doesn’t work, you can always return it under eBay policy.

I honestly don't know who the seller was...way too long ago. That being said, it didn't work and he took it back. I thought maybe, just maybe I could buy a real new one directly from TomTom. NO JOY! I've basically decided to just blow it off. I'd really like my Nav to work, but after buying 2 and neither working, I'm done.

I honestly don't know who the seller was...way too long ago. That being said, it didn't work and he took it back. I thought maybe, just maybe I could buy a real new one directly from TomTom. NO JOY! I've basically decided to just blow it off. I'd really like my Nav to work, but after buying 2 and neither working, I'm done.
Yeah I hear yah. That sux. Grab a good phone map and use google maps.

Latest posts

Back