2013 Mazda3 automatic drive belt and tensioner?

steve333

2013 Mazda 3 iSport Automatic SkyActive
I brought my 2013 Mazda 3 sedan with automatic tranny and 45,000 miles to a mazda dealer closer to where I now live.

Brought it in for an oil change and he came back with recommending a drive belt and belt tensioner for $548, spark plugs for $245, air/fuel intake induction cleaning service for $155, and brake system fluid exchange for $100.

He had also suggested changing the tranny fluid until I told him that the tranny is only 3 years old as Mazda put in a new one. I didn't trust him I said no. What surprised me is that they said the brakes were still at 50% as they are the original brakes.

What do you make of all this, does any of it sound plausible, especially the belt-do we need to change that at only 45,000 miles and does it need to be changed at all?

Thanks

None of it should be required except for a fuel/air cleaning which you can do yourself for under $10. Put in a bottle of Techron at your next fillup. That's another $5 from Autozone if its on sale. The belts maybe around 75k, but you should just watch for cracks. And don't have any of it done at the dealer. Find a good local mechanic. Plugs should be good to 100k, but maybe change them at 75k.

Thanks. I emailed a local shop that people are recommending and they want $155 for the brake system fluid exchange, surprised it was higher than the dealer.

Back