2013 HotWheels Z - Doc B Racing

MP3racer

Authorized Vendor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FAIRPORT, NEW YORK, January 11, 2013 Thomas C. Bork, owner and president of Doc B Racing, announced today that his 1970 Datsun 240Z race car, a restoration of an original factory show car, has been reproduced as part of Mattels 2013 Hot Wheels Showroom Asphalt Assault lineup that hits international retail shelves this month.

The new miniature was a result of collaboration between Doc B Racing, Mattels Hot Wheels division, Nissan, and Borks sponsors: Eibach, Koni, Torco Motor Oil, and Toyo Tires, all of whom have decals on the race car that were replicated on the Hot Wheels version.

Bork and his son Adam are avid collectors of Hot Wheels, and it occurred to Bork last year that the body lines of an existing Hot Wheels car bore a remarkable resemblance to his race car, thinking wouldnt it be cool if my race car was made into a Hot Wheels, too? He shared this notion on a national Hot Wheels online discussion forum, and a Mattel employee on the forum took the idea to the decision makers at Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels was quick to celebrate the heritage of the Datsun 240Z, a vintage sports car, and Borks serial number eight car in particular, with its years of racing history, including a first place overall at the 1997 Watkins Glen U.S. Vintage Grand Prix Enduro with Bork at the wheel.

Im honored to have my race car as part of the Hot Wheels lineup and to hopefully bring more attention to the vintage racing series, too. Nissan (Datsun) built a great car, and Im proud of its racing history as well as excited about its future in racing and with Hot Wheels, Bork said.

Bork expects kids will love the DatsunZ, and their parents and grandparents, too, many of whom may remember the Japanese built car when it first came on the U.S. market in 1969. Bork serves on the board of the Z Car Club of Rochester, or ZCCR, as it is better known, which holds an annual charity car show in Webster. This event is always well-attended by car enthusiasts from all over the country and Canada, raising over $5,000 for the Bivona Child Advocy Center in 2012. This years ZCCR Motor Fest car and motorcycle show, again benefiting Bivona, will be held July 13[SUP]th[/SUP] and 14[SUP]th[/SUP], and Borks 1970 Datsun 240Z will be on display, along with the new miniature Hot Wheels version that is sure to increase the cars popularity in the coming years

Attachments

• HotWheelsZ.jpg
    HotWheelsZ.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 481
  • ZWG.jpg
    ZWG.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 457
  • Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 466
That is really cool! Going to have to keep my eyes open for them on the shelves.

Fantastic news and congratulations, Tom!

This is a very cool honor...Any chance your Mazda will get the same love someday..? :D

Well, I've had the OG white version for a few months now and last night I stumbled across this version. Packaging read it was for the HW Showroom but also had a "ZAMAC 014" tag?
attachment.php

Attachments

• DocB.jpeg
    DocB.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 677
Yes...the first ones sold so well that Mattel decided to add it to the special edition Wal-Mart Zamac series. These have no base paint, just clear coat over the Zamac metal body. Thanks for supporting Doc B Racing!!

Aha, had no idea the Zamac series was specific to Wal-Mart or that it was simply a clear over the metal body, thanks for the edumacation. :)

Any chance they'll be making one of the Mazda soon?

Neat! I'm gonna see if I can find any of these still.

Back