2013 CX-5 power seat parts

:
2013 GrT CX-5
Hoping for an angel from this thread to help with a solution! If it involves disconnecting the motor without removing the seat, can anyone assist with how to do so? Thanks!

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Greetings all, I'm trying to tackle this repair at the moment but it looks like since my seat is all the way back, I can't get to the bolts to remove the seat. Thoughts/tips?
Looks like you’re trying to replace the drive cable TK81-88-0D1? Watch the video and see if you can figure out something to do it with or without removing the seat.

Power-seat noise

Here is the fix - $20 including shipping:

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Hoping for an angel from this thread to help with a solution! If it involves disconnecting the motor without removing the seat, can anyone assist with how to do so? Thanks!
And read the write-up in the post #11 above by UnhappyCampR carefully. He did it without removing the seat.

⋯ Oh, and it was only two 10mm nuts to remove the motor. I accessed it from behind the drivers seat. I did not have to remove the seat but some people may. It wasn't the easiest access but not bad once you understand what you need to do and if you can lean far enough in to look under the seat.

Did my 2016 seat. Cable part # TK81-88-0D1 is correct. Got it from RealMazda parts.com. $24.00 shipped. Remove the 4 seat track bolts. Remove the rear first, move the seat back fully and disconnect the battery cable. While waiting remove the front bolts and tip the seat back. You can reach the cable to remove it. No need to remove the motor. Watch the video that yrwei52 posted. I pulled the new cable from the hsg. and put a very very small coating of grease on it and put it back in. Works great and don't take long.

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Problem is I can't take the bolts off because the seat is all the way back :(
Like I said above, it should be doable without removing the seat based on UnhappyCampR’s experience.