2012 CX 9 Grand Touring

Well, we purchased our new CX 9 yesterday from Bob Baker's Carlsbad Mazda and were very pleased with the salesman and dealership. Fred Bandi, the salesman, was fantastic and spent 2 hours with my wife going over all the features and explaining fine details of the car. We love the car and how it rides. This was a tough decision for my wife, she had a 12 year old Volvo S70 and really wanted the XC90. But, at over $10,000 more than the CX 9 we chose the Mazda. After multiple test drives we found the Mazda to be a better ride, have more power, liked the seats-sound system-better MPG and just more comfortable.

I look forward to getting info from this forum.

Scott

2012 CX 9 GT
Copper Red/Beige

Scott, welcome!! Good choice over the XC-90. XC is getting a facelift for 2013, but no new model until 14' or 15' and is basically the same vehicle it was in 2002 (2003 model year). I thought about a XC90 too, but it was either a maintenance heavy turbo engine or an underpowered V6.

The CX-9 punches above its weight when it comes to the driving experience. It may lack some comfort oriented features of the XC-90 but you will find that it drives a lot better.

Well, we purchased our new CX 9 yesterday from Bob Baker's Carlsbad Mazda and were very pleased with the salesman and dealership. Fred Bandi, the salesman, was fantastic and spent 2 hours with my wife going over all the features and explaining fine details of the car. We love the car and how it rides. This was a tough decision for my wife, she had a 12 year old Volvo S70 and really wanted the XC90. But, at over $10,000 more than the CX 9 we chose the Mazda. After multiple test drives we found the Mazda to be a better ride, have more power, liked the seats-sound system-better MPG and just more comfortable.

I look forward to getting info from this forum.

Scott

2012 CX 9 GT
Copper Red/Beige

I'm picking up the exact same vehicle on Friday from Scott Mazda in Allentown PA! Chose the CX-9 over the Highlander.

Code:
how much did you pay, and details on the car, color, model, addons ?

Mine's a '12 GT AWD with Nav, S/R, Power Liftgate and Roof Rails, Copper Red/Sand; price was $34,299 (plus TT).

Last edited:
Back