2012 CX-9 Gear Shift light Replacement

CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
V
Mazda CX-9 GT
Hi,
My gear shift stopped illuminating on my CX-9 GT. Does anyone have any experience replacing the bulb? Any tips on how to access the bulb would be appreciated.
I also wanted to know if the lock/unlock door switch on both the driver and front passenger door are supposed to illuminate. I bought my CX-9 used and it never illuminated since I bought it. With black interior at night its impossible to locate the switch without turning on the dome light.
Thanks for your help!!!

avidien

Contributor
V
2013 CX-9 Touring
Hi,
My gear shift stopped illuminating on my CX-9 GT. Does anyone have any experience replacing the bulb? Any tips on how to access the bulb would be appreciated.
I also wanted to know if the lock/unlock door switch on both the driver and front passenger door are supposed to illuminate. I bought my CX-9 used and it never illuminated since I bought it. With black interior at night its impossible to locate the switch without turning on the dome light.
Thanks for your help!!!
What a coincidence, my gear shift light just went out two days ago, this is the exact bulb replacement you need, I bought off ebay,

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261822059974&alt=web

I followed the video on YouTube to get to the light bulb

Hopes this helps....

V
2011Mazda CX 9
CX_9 console light replacement

great video.......I got the bulb out and went to Advance Auto Parts ( any parts store will do) and just matched the bulb up......Bulb #74 from Sylvania

Hint.....go on Ebay and look for a CX-9 shifter assembly for sale.....you can see pictures where the attaching studs are so you know where to pry up the top plate.

I use plastic trim removal tools bought cheap at Harbor Freight

Attachments

Latest threads

Latest resources